Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What is your favorite color and why?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is your favorite color and why? Next Topic  

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:37:47 PM  Show Profile
My favorite color is turquoise. When the sky and the grass become one, they are turquoise. When the ocean is happy it is turquoise.
I once read that if you painted your doorframe turquoise, it would set you out into a good day.
P~

living a good neighbor life

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:48:15 PM  Show Profile
My favorite color has always been purple or lilac. It's probably because lilacs and deep purple irises are my favorite flowers.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Mine is Yellow~ I think because it is so "happy". I just love daisies and anything a buttery, creamy, pale yellow!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  2:05:25 PM  Show Profile
My favorite color has always been red. It just makes me happy! Susan
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  2:47:15 PM  Show Profile
My favorite color is red. I always picture myself in a red dress dancing to the song Lady In Red.
Silly I know but I always wanted a red dress. Not just any dress...a special dress.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  3:11:59 PM  Show Profile
I gravitate more towards yellow...but love many different colors and combinations of colors.
I like yellow because it is such a sunshiney/bright,cheerful color. I love flowers in that color as well... as they just seem to shout.."look at me!..I'm happy!
It is a color that in my opinion every home should have a little splash of it somewhere..it is a very uplifting color.The master bedroom in our home is painted a buttery/sunshiney yellow which is so soothing and warm and cozy. Everyone in our family loves that room and the color.
Next on my list are colors like red and turquoise and pastels..colors that actually look good along side of yellow..ha.
I could never wear the color yellow because of my skin tone it actually makes me look yellow.
I also went through a phase as a teenager where the color purple was my favorite color...and then a phase where black and red were my color combinations of choice on clothing.
And as a teen at one time my entire bedroom was yellow...at another time everything was pink..but now it seems I've come back around to...yellow.
We have plans to make sure that our new home with have lots of sunny yellow combined with red,white and turquoise..loads of bright cheery,fun colors.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  3:36:38 PM  Show Profile
My favorite color is RED!!!!!!!! Green comes in second. But red makes me laugh, dizzy, and feel super good.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  3:43:58 PM  Show Profile
My favorite color is any shade of pink. And I was such a tom boy growing up! I also love turquoise and silver.

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  3:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Mine is turquoise also. I am obsessed with the beach and that color reminds me of the water, fishing boats, Caribbean, Guam, etc...I also like how the color looks against my skin.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  4:08:59 PM  Show Profile
Lavendar because I love lavendar, and green because it reminds me of nature.

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  4:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Wow that's a hard question. I also love turquoise, purple, and red. I like pink or lavender with yellow and I like pinks with green. I always loved blue as a child. I love the sky when it's that special blue with just a tinge of pink- you know, skyblue pink. I love the 30's pastels and I love the jewel colors, go figure.
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  4:54:33 PM  Show Profile
Purple has always been my fav. Everyone knows that too.. I don't know why, it just is. I like lilacs and amyethst. My room growing up, my mom and I painted purple..

I really like the dark chocolate and blue color combo. See that quite a bit now. Blue would be a second fav and mainly because of the sky. I love the deep, dark, intense blue of a thunderstorm at night in the flash of lightning. You only see it for a moment. I like the blue of an autunm sky, it's different then any other time. I like the deep winter blue too, when there is snow on the ground and the sky is a cloudy gray/blue and just... there!

Elise

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ranchmama/
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  4:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Tina, I too loved my fave color as a young gal and almost all my school pictures and beach pictures show me in turquoise, then I went away from it for awhile and now I'm BACK. My favorite thing to wear with Turquoise is RED. My mom always said they went together, and as I child I didn't believe her but now I DO!> My kitchen has loads of turquoise, all the lower cabinets are that color, and the joining living room is waiting for it's RED paint job, some time in the fall.
AngieKay and Diana: as for violet/purple/lilac, I ALWAYS say, "the world needs more purple" and I'm serious. It's another blend color that is far too underused.
Yellow is lovely in the bedroom, our's is painted "butter" and it's the perfect backdrop for whatever mood I'm in. The Blue chair, red bed and brown wood all fit in with the butter. Cozy and sweet for my honey and me at the end of the day.
P~

living a good neighbor life

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  5:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Barn Red or Hot Pink...each look really good with my skin tone, and they make me feel either nostalgic of home or ultra peppy!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  5:32:24 PM  Show Profile
RED, it has always been my favorite color. When I wear red, I just feel good.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  5:54:18 PM  Show Profile
Green for me...the most gorgeous pair of eyes I ever seen...belonging to by dhubby of course!!!
hugs jess

Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  7:02:57 PM  Show Profile
I have always loved pink. don't know why just do. Beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  7:37:31 PM  Show Profile
My favorite color used to be blue because I thought it was a nice cooling, calm color and I wear it a lot. Recently I have noticed that I really like the color green...pretty green grass, trees, outdoors, countryside...green is everywhere and it is a gorgeous, deep, cool color!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  10:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Hmm... I have a funny thing about colors. I don't really care for the "traditional" shades, I usually go for something a bit more .... Spicy, or smokey! Like-- Persimmon. The kind that's orange with a touch of pink blended in. I also like that deep, smokey purple color. And Mauve, but the more deep pink color, not so much the lavender shade-- even though I DO like lavender-- but all by itself! I like colors that are warm and inviting. I don't care for cool/cold colors much. They just seem so depressing. And I HATE blue! I don't know why. I just DO!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  10:53:35 PM  Show Profile
My favorite color is pink in any shade. It's just girly, pretty, and romantic. If I could I'd have my whole house done with shades of pink, robin's egg blue, and soft green - cottage colors. Pink roses are my favorites!

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  07:29:56 AM  Show Profile
Green for sure. IT has been my favorite color always. I especially like hunter green, or a nice sage color..NOT yellowish or bright neon green..I like the nice cool nature colors of green...like a forest. Tracey...I am with you on blue..my least favorite color for sure.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  10:37:36 AM  Show Profile
I am with you Tracy. As as child, I always lilke deep dark purple and to some extent still do. To be really true to me though is any shade of Autumn! I love the season and all of the deep earthy colors. Dark burnt red, dark forest green, browns (both chocolate and honey colors, dark golden yellows and pumpkin oranges). That's who I am. I love nature and feel at home and relaxed with those colors surrounding me. :)

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is your favorite color and why? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page