debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:23:20 PM  Show Profile
Since there are so many of us, I thought I would give this a try. Enjoy Ladies, these a h-m-m-m good!
ANYONE ELSE CARE TO SHARE????

Diabetic Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup low fat peanut butter- I use Jiffy
1 cup slenda
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

mixed very well. roll size walnut. bake 350 for 11- 12 minutes.
Not bad at all, can have 1 cookie per day as a free.

debinmtns #63
http://www.handcraftedncreated.blogspot.com
http://www.abunchofcountryswappingals.blogspot.com

Edited by - debinmtns on Aug 18 2008 7:42:34 PM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  3:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Debi:
I will certainly try the peanut butter cookies. I can almost taste them now. LOL
Marly
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  06:05:58 AM  Show Profile
I have always wondered if this recipe would work! I used to make the regular one (with sugar) and since I have been diabetic, I have thought about making it with Splenda but never get around to it. I've also thought about using 2 eggwhites in place of a whole egg. Another option would try using PB2 instead of regular pb. lol haha I will have to try it out some day! lol Any way the recipe you posted was the one I always used (With sugar though) before diabetes.

My favorite diabetic recipes are from healthyexchanges.com I get so involved in them, I rarely have time to make my own! lol haha

But, for what it's worth here's one I made up to go to a last minute BBQ on Saturday. (I met a woman standing in a long line, we were in line for about a hour together towards the end she asked for my phone number. I gave it to her, fully expecting to never hear from her again. Well she called last week and invited me to her home for a BBQ. lol I went, even though I was scared out of my mind, and even my husband said what are we doing! We don't know these people and are just going on faith to a home in Brooklyn and not letting any one know, we could be killed! lol We lived, and they were very nice! lol) Any way, every one went on and on about how good it was, and it was ALL eaten up. And they even washed my dish for me! lol

Heather's Trade Winds Salad
Serves 8

2 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free lemon gelatin
2 cup boiling water
2 (8-ounce) cans crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained*
1 3/4 cups cold water*
1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
1/2 cup Cool Whip Lite
4 tablespoons toasted flaked coconut

In a large bowl, combine dry gelatin and boiling water. Mix well to dissolve gelatin. Add 1 can undrained pineapple and 1 1/4 cups water. Mix well to combine. Pour mixture into a 8-by-8-inch dish. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, remaining can of undrained pineapple, and remaining 1/2 cup cold water. Mix well using a wire whisk. Gently blend in Cool Whip Lite. Spread topping mixture evenly over set gelatin. Evenly sprinkle coconut over top. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Divide into 8 servings.

I personally just toasted the coconut in the microwave.

http://www.wolfprncez.blogspot.com

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Aug 19 2008 06:09:45 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Diabetic Recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page