22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  09:17:14 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone know how to clean feather pillows? I used to have the instructions somewhere, but with all my moving, I can't find it anywhere! And last time I got the instructions, I got them off of Marthastewart.com and now I can't find them on there! Anyhow, if anyone knows, that would be great! I think I just washed them and put them in the dryer, even though it says "dry clean only".....Thanks!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  11:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
You have to wash them in HOT water, and then dry them for about 100 years in the dryer set on HIGH..the only concern is to make sure they are DRY otherwise they get stinky. I wash mine all the time!
Dry clean only? Who wants to smell chemicals allnight long? Ewwwwwww.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  10:39:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the reply! It was for my sister (who spent $50 a piece on them! silly girl!) who's 2 year old puked on them or spilled milk on them (same smell, different mess!) so she's going to try washing them tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well with it. When you dry them in the dryer, do you put shoes or a tennis ball or something in with them to make them not clump up together?

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  11:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Nah, never had a problem with them bunching up.. Tell Sis to save money and buy them at Ross or TJMaxx next time! And you are very welcome.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Feather Pillows Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page