Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 What would I do today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic What would I do today Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  4:38:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
If I were brave?

A friend sent me a website to check out the other day and on the website was this question.. I have to tell you it has "haunted me"... not in a bad way, but in the way that calls out to you to re~evaluate where you are, who you are and what dreams you gave up because you didn't have the support or the plan, or the money or just couldn't make it work in that moment. Don't you love those questions.. that gently tap you on the shoulder and nudge you to take stock. They force you to look into the deep corners and ask the hard questions....

Some will find the answer just fly off thier tongue as it has been working itself to the surface.. others will have to dig, and contimplate...

Me? If I were brave enough? I would get the weight issue behind me, be disciplined enough to get over it,put it behind me,live life LOUDER,ask for help more,finish a degree in Holistic Nurtition~ Love that topic~ it facinates me~ Write more... lots more, adopted more children,live off the grid, find some brilliant way to retire my husband early so that we can have the best of him instead of his career.I would learn to blow glass,take in more seminars and listen to more philosophers.........

In the last year I left my job,and chased a dream to earn a living and still be home full time....and it feels as awesome as I dreamed it would....I have reconnected with people that I loved and just lost track of, and said good bye to some that really didn't have my best interrest at heart,and let some new friends "in", opened my heart more and my mouth less .....dealt with some past pains, and learned to forgive more,I committed myself to show others the kind of Grace I want to be shown~ it has all taken different measures of courage.. it is questions like this that somehow moves me forward.. anyone else?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  5:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Rene, what a great question! I've heard it before phrased as "What one thing would you do today if you knew you could not fail?" Most of the time I don't let myself go there because it is just too scary. The first thing that came to mind is that I would find a way to build our log cabin on the lower land (20 acres that's been in the family since my great-grandparents had their cabin on the hillside). That is my dream. I would find a way to support us (Robbie and me) so that he could retire early (right now it's 11 years away), build on the lower land and live off the grid. Since finding this site, I've discovered that so much of the way my parents and grandparents lived is bringing me fulfillment (sp?). I feel closer to them and more "me" than I can ever remember. Hearing about everyone's etsy shops has got me thinking about starting one - not sure what I'd do yet; there are a lot of possibilities.

If I were BRAVE enough - I'd put the weight issue behind me too. I've been working on my health and feel better and can do more this year than since I was a teenager - and in some ways even better than then. But how good could I really feel if I was 80 pounds lighter? Yea, I've got my grandma's big bones and can carry a lot of weight, but what if I could bend over without "interference?" What if I could flat out run again? Could I really tote that barge, lift that (hay) bale? It's an exciting thought.

Those are just my first thoughts. More may follow. I hope so. Who knows what the future could really hold if I were brave?

God bless -
Karen

Farmgirl Sister #??? (to be filled in after I get my badge)
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  6:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Boy Karen~ I SOOO get it!

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  6:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Rene, let's be brave.........together!

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  7:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Love that~I have read and studied Raw Food diet for a while~ I love Hallelujah acres as well as Carol Alt.. and I really feel the best when I eat/live like that.... Are you familiar with it? Not that I think it is for everyone but I was diagnosed with Lupus and am still in the healing process (although I am no longer on meds), and this diet seems to "tax" my system less then some others.. how about you?

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  12:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
So far it's you 'n' me on this thread, Rene. Come on, girls, what you do if you were BRAVE? Put it out here! Be brave!!!

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  12:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I think your right karen! putting it out there seeing it, is the BRAVE part.. I started the carol Alts Raw Diet today :)~ it is my day to be Brave..

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  1:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Okay, Rene, now to respond to your post. First of all, sorry to hear that you're dealing with Lupus. The woman that runs the food pantry I deliver for has Lupus also. She has some rough spells but has been doing really well the last several months. So glad to hear that you're off of medicine.

Second, one of the things I love about this site is that it provides accountability. Posting here keeps me on track instead of bouncing from one thing to another to another. That's what I need with changing my eating habits. My emphasis right now is just to be more consistent. I led a women's group last summer at church on healthier living. It was about making one change to be healthier. When that one is a habit, make another. Since I was trying to learn about a lot of different things to share with the group, I found myself making a lot of changes and making them too quickly so nothing really stuck. I just kept jumping from one thing to another. So now we're working on getting back to the basics. We really got serious about eating healthy after reading Dr. Don Colbert's book "What Would Jesus Eat." It's based pretty much on the Mediterranean diet. So we're going back to what was originally working for us and then we'll fine tune from there.

I have heard of the Hallelujah diet but at the time thinking about eating an all raw foods diet was overwhelming. It stuck with me though and we're working on eating more raw foods and less cooked. And I have found some good recipes out there. I thought raw food = bland and boring. Not so!

Could write so much more but need to get back to work, um, make that just get to work!

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic What would I do today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page