City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  03:39:32 AM  Show Profile
This seems to be happening about a week or 2 before my cycle starts. About 3 months running now. It happens for about 3 days. It hit me from out of nowhere yesterday. I was out shopping and had to make it home. I slept for 2 hours. Then I was fine.

What could cause something like this?

I need to get into the regular doc for a physical. I haven't been in for one in awhile. I saw the gyne earlier this year - but it wasn't happening then.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  04:12:28 AM  Show Profile
Could be a variety of things. I HATE being dizzy like that! I have Meniere's in my left ear. In the past, I have vertigo for weeks at a time. I haven't had an episode in a very long time though and I'm soooooo grateful. When I'm particularly full of fluids (allergies) sometimes my ears plug that can trigger that vertigo. Even when you don't think that your head is full of sinusy stuff, it can be.

Our lovely hormones can do such pleasant things eh? Try an OTC allergy med like claritin or something next time and see if it relieves some of that fluid pressure in your inner ear. I think you are right to see the dr though. It is always good to get new/different symptoms checked out.

Take care.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  06:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You might be low on blood iron. If it is right before your cycle, your body might be drawing more reserves to build the new uterine lining that grows below the one that is shed during out menses. I would suggest going to see a doctor if you can to get a blood test during the time that you are dizzy. Getting a blood test during your normal time might be helpful, but I bet when you are dizzy would tell the doctor much more. It could be a combination of a deficiency in several key dietary requirements.
Here are some links I found from Googling:
http://www.drdonnica.com/faqs/00004422.htm
http://www.pathlights.com/nr_encyclopedia/13repr02.htm
http://www.coolnurse.com/dysmenorrhea.htm

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  11:28:45 AM  Show Profile
Hope you get to feeling better soon. I would advise going to see the doctor, especially if you continue feeling wierd.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  12:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Deb,
How old are you if you don't mind tellin. I'm 45 and this is me now for the past few months as well. I see a homeopathic doctor every month for other reasons and I go in next week. I will tell her the problem and see what she says.

Also, about 2 months ago I started getting dizzy turning over from one side to the other in bed. So she checked my ears and I had to much wax, so I saw a ear dr. who had me get saline for your nose and put a few drops in my ears 3 times a day. After a few days the dizziness left.
Hope this helps, but please see a dr.
Marjean

handmade cards and jewelry at jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
jeanpatch.wordpress.com

Edited by - marjean on Aug 14 2008 12:14:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic equalibrium is off Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page