Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Red Yeast Rice for Cholesterol
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Red Yeast Rice for Cholesterol Next Topic  

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  10:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Anyone here ever use this? I have high cholesterol and the lady at the health food store told me that a certain cardio doctor recommends this in place of statin drugs to his patients. My mother was successfully able to lower her cholesterol by taking it as well. I just wondered if any of you girls used it and what your experience was with it?

"Love one another."

Edited by - Homespun Livin on Aug 13 2008 1:31:22 PM

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  3:20:51 PM  Show Profile
My best friend takes this for her cholesterol and it has done wonders for her! She has no side effects and swears by it! Susan
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  4:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I was going to post this tonight also. My friend at work said that her hubby's cousin (which is a doctor) recommends this 100%. Her hubby was having leg cramps (I do too) with the meds he's on. He told him to get the Red Rice Yeast. It is on my list for this weekends shopping trip. I have been reading about it also on the internet and have only seen good things written about it.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  6:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Brenda:
Is that a rice? Like rice we eat? I've never heard of that. I have high cholestrol, if that helps I want to find out about it. Thanks for posting that information.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  8:02:57 PM  Show Profile
I am not sure Marly. I am going to do more research on it though. My mom and also a librarian lady I know both take it for cholesterol without their doctors knowledge. When their cholesterol numbers started coming down the doctors thought it was because of the drugs. They never told them they never took their prescriptions, only the red yeast rice. My mom never takes drugs, she is on the other side of menopause and went through it all natural. The brand she used is called Cholestine or something like that. Let me do some more searching. If anyone else has more info, please post. :)

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  11:32:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Brenda. Let me know what you find out.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  3:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Hello Marly, Its a capsule tablet. I got mine today at Walmarts and they are very reasonable. I had never heard of them before until my friend was telling me about them.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  8:49:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Susie!
Thank you so, so much. In fact, just last night I was at Wal Mart, but could not remember the name to save my life. So, back on the Wal-Mart list it goes.
Marly
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Red Yeast Rice for Cholesterol Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page