Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How to give to charity "free"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How to give to charity "free" Next Topic  

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  10:04:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, I want to share something I think is very special. Farmgirls are so caring and love to share and we all wish we could do something to help others but most of us are on limited budgets. Here's a way to do just that at no cost.

There are 6 websites that are linked together that help various charities. You go to each one each day and just click on a button and the sponsoring companies donate food or books or doctors or whatever the charity does. It's amazing. And they tell you how much food (e.g. 1.1/2 cups) goes to the shelters and other charities.

I have them in my favorites and every day I go and click. You can also buy from their stores - mostly items made in the 3rd World and they send even more aid. I usually do at least a portion of my Christmas shopping this way.

It really adds up. And it feels so good to know that you've helped donate free mammograms, books, food, and medical care.

Just go to the Child Health Site and click where it tells you to. On the next screen, if you scroll down, you'll get buttons for all the others. I hope you join me in this small project. As Martha would say, "It's a good thing."

Blessings,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  12:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Patricia
I have the rainforest site on my favourites and click on that and the linked sites whenever I can, it is such a great idea. A lot of the items those sponsoring companies sell are beautiful and unique. I also like the "send a goat/cow" gift ideas. These cost money but it is such a nice idea to give the gift of a goat or another farm animal to help a family in Africa. If you have a lot of money you can donate a whole farmyard! www.sendacow.org.uk (Sorry, I don't know if there is a US or Canadian equivalent!)
I also visit the ecologyfund website and save land for free there!
Debs
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How to give to charity "free" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page