Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Vintage Books SENT to Jonni and Sandra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Vintage Books SENT to Jonni and Sandra Next Topic  

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  05:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, Sandra -- I sent your books to you yesterday. We just need to complete our barters -- when you're ready to. OK?

OK, I have such a weakness for books . . . especially vintage . . . but I must move a few of them on to good homes. These are two three vintage books I have for barter:

Fun for Boys: The Complete Book of Games, Hobbies, Sports and Recreation, copyright 1943. This is a wonderful book! Chapters include 'The Secrets of Cartooning,' 'How to Identify Aircraft' (WWII aircraft!), 'Bulding Model Planes', 'How to Handle a Rope Like a Cowboy' . . . and more. Cover shows its age and the pages are yellow; both a nostalgic and useful book for boys and girls. Taken

Girl Scout Handbook copyright 1947, printed 1952. Another nostalgic and useful book . . . lots of wonderful information on the out-of-doors and mapping and of course all the badges. Green hardcover; great condition (some yellowing on the inside cover), binding tight, pages clean.Taken

Basic Electricity, Vol. 1 copyright 1954. This is a text based on the Navy's basic electricity and basic electronics courses, with numerous illustrations -- presented in a straightforward and understandable way. Hey, I even understand electricity with this book! Great for homeschooling for an in-depth study of electricity -- this is a basic yet thorough course -- high school or above.Taken

Wanna trade? I'm pretty open . . . the usual list: buttons, vintage rick-rack, homemade soaps, etc. Or what do you have?

Just let me know!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com

Edited by - katie-ell on Sep 10 2008 2:16:51 PM

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  05:52:32 AM  Show Profile
Katie --would it be possible to claim the "Fun for Boys" book (for my husband?) He's SUCH a WWII nut, and a cartoonist :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  06:04:48 AM  Show Profile
Jonni -- This is a perfect book for your husband!! Mine loved looking at it . . . he was born in 1948 and remembers all the old WWII aircraft still around when he was a young boy.

Am emailing you.

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  10:04:24 AM  Show Profile
Katie....I sent you an email regardign the other 2 books....thanks!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  10:45:23 AM  Show Profile
Sandra -- I've reserved the Girl Scouts and Electricity books for you. Emailed ya!

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  09:31:14 AM  Show Profile
Jonni -- Did you get my email today? Just wondering . . . not sure my emails always get through (because of hotmail address).

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  8:14:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Katie...I never got your email! Whew...good thing I was looking out here! I will get your stuff together and my daugher has hotmail and I get hers...hummm....try a test one again and I will keep a look out. I got a new pc with VISTA and the Window's mail sends some of mine to junk without asking me! These new pcs have a lot of nerve if you ask me! I need your address. I'll send you an email and maybe you can "reply" to it and that will work? I'm so excited! I thougth when put "taken" on it that someone else had gotten them. Oh BOy!!!! I wlll send you all that you asked for..I have buttons, rickrack and I have handmade soaps (I didn't make them but they are handmade!) and anything else I can dig up that I think you would like! Awesome! So cool! thanks again!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Vintage Books SENT to Jonni and Sandra Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page