KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  3:30:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, girls...it's still sortof sinking in--Katie, we've known for many weeks, obviously, but didn't want to tell until we knew everything was a bit more "solid"...seems like we're heading into smoother waters, so no time like the present. The doctor places the arrival around February 19 or so. I think it would be grand to have a St. Valentines day baby :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  4:27:21 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Jonni! I am so excited for you and Jus! Good luck!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  5:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Julie! We're both very happy and looking forward to sharing our news with family tomorrow night (they're out of town until then) So yeah...we're pretty psyched..apparently Jus wandered into Babies R Us this afternoon all by himself--I had to NOT laugh when he told me :) I just said, "oh? And did you find anything you needed?" He's convinced we need a stroller that looks like a BMX bike :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  5:36:57 PM  Show Profile
YAAY! Your life will never be the same! Don't you feel like everything in your life was leading up to this? Just wait until she is born, you think you know what loving a child is, until you gaze into the eyes of your own baby :) Congrats. This is just wonderful.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
FREE TIBET!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  5:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Trish, I have looked at your little one's photos and know what you say is true--I am very much looking forward to spending my days the same way. I am using this time to get the house ready for the little one and to encourage myself that I can actually "do it". Any tips you have are surely appreciated, momma :)

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  6:04:01 PM  Show Profile
Yeahhhhh the secret is out and Oh what a delight to get to share in your wonderful wonderful news. I so rejoice for you and Justin, I can just see you both grinning from ear to ear.

Glad the morning sickness has subsided and you are getting more energy back. Goody now this auntie can figure out what to make!!!!

Congratualtions.....smiling big just for you!!!!!!
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  6:06:50 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your first baby!! Very Happy for you both!!
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  7:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, what wonderful news!! I am over joyed for you and Justin. You will make wonderful parents. Whatever the baby is, it is one lucky little bundle of joy to have you two for parents! Congratulations, enjoy every minute of your pregnancy it is such a magical time.

Hugs to you both,
Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  11:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i agree with maryjane, pregnancy is a great time, and bringing the baby home is the best!
big congrats to you and jus, jonni. i know you will be great parents and have a wonderful family together.
this news is very exciting!

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  05:48:08 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Carol Sue, Mary Jane and Frannie...your blessings and confidence in us means the world to me....I'm still sort of in euphoria-land :) After work last night, I went home and looked at all the pamphlets, mags and paperwork they sent home and GOSH is it a lot to digest! We laughed over and over about our little "ultrasound" pic. All you can see is the top of its head, and a fist. Leave it to our babe to be sitting up!!!!

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  07:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
that is so cute. i have to confess i have seen a few sonograms and i cant make hide nor hair out of them. but i just usually nod and go , o yea.
i wish i could tell what is going on but i just cant. now that makes sense with the one done on me, it was 25 years ago, but when i was shown my grandchildrens sonogram, i just went, o yea!
so i think i just have a block or am sonogram challenged or something.
when will you get to know the sex of the baby? will you ask and tell or have yall had a chance to decide about that yet.
how is your mom reacting to this news, jonni. is this her first grandbaby.
please, please, keep us posted on EVERYTHING that you and jus want to share with us cause we are very, very, interested.

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  08:32:10 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I am so thrilled and excited for you, girl! Wonderful news! Don't we all know that this baby is going to be so loved and cherished, and likely spoiled by Justin. Maybe he will write him (or her, really, since I'm voting for it being a girl!) a special lullaby!

I can just imagine you in a couple of years from now, preparing fabulously gourmet baby meals with as much enthusiasm as you do now, for the meals you post about on the forum.

Yippee, baby makes three!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  08:52:02 AM  Show Profile
Ha, Frannie! That's what I said! Jus seems to be the one who "see's" it, but then, he thinks rather abstractly, as well :)

We will find out what it's going to be--mostly because I'm a type "A" and need to control my environment, but also because we're older and I guess I just don't always dig surprises!!! We will know "who" it is in about 3-4 weeks.

None of our parents know yet--tonight we tell both sets of Justin's parents, and then tomorrow night we tell my mom. The first part of the week she works in the evenings, and Wednesday night is her first night off, so we are having dinner and we'll break the news then :) I have to admit, I've been REALLY good at keeping this a secret, though it WAS hard when we went to get mexican a few nights back and she said, "gosh, you don't want a margarita? That's strange!"

This is her first grandchild--I'm an only child, and my dad passed away 15 years ago, so this will be welcome news, I think. She so loves to spoil her sister's kids, now she'll have one of her own close by

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on Aug 12 2008 08:53:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  09:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Jo!!! I feel very empowered--and I can't wait to cook for a little one. Hopefully their palate will be like mine :) What I'm really looking forward to is doing the vege garden with the little one--how exciting to show them all the earth can give!!!

It's funny, Jo, he said last night that he can't wait to get out his guitar and play the baby music. That made me very happy, and I think he's just so anxious he could pop!! I guess I don't really know what I want--but we'll soon find out. Girls are SO much easier to dress, though!!!

We're just over the moon, and I'm sooo thankful the "tired" part has ceased for a time so that I can get organized and get our projects done for the baby's room and other home "sprucing up".

Thanks again, for all your lovely wishes.

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  09:34:29 AM  Show Profile
I'm late to the party, but let me throw in another congratulations!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  3:03:22 PM  Show Profile
OH MY GOSH !!!!

WHERE Have I BEEN???

I am Sooooooooo Excited!

JONNI !!! Do you hear me Squeeling from way up there??

GIRL!! This is SO AWESOME!!
I am SOOo Thrilled for you both! UGH!!! I can't WAIT!

I am just SO absolutley thrilled for you Sweetie!
All the best Pumpkin!
Take care of Yourself!

I get Dibs of bein' a Grannie too please!
or all LEAST an Auntie!!

All the Best Sweetie!!!!

Gosh I'm thumbing thruough baby name books now!
Hhhmmmm!
I can't stop once I go into full gear ya know..

Have you talked over names? of course you have!
Spill it woman.. What are ya thinkin'

Another 'J' in there??

alright.. i HAVE to tell you one of my FAVORITE names.. then I PROMISE i'll shut up for about 10 Minutes..
Jemima.. Is That just TOO dang Cute!!
I LOVE this Name!! You two could pull it off.. My usband of course had a melt down when I brought it up.. but YOUR BOTH Creative & Imaginative..
It'd Work for you!!

Ok.. I Promised.. Not throwing it away.. But the keys in my pocket..

(pssstt.. Love ya kiddo!)

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

LunaTheFarmLady
True Blue Farmgirl

448 Posts

Luna
Rineyville KY
USA
448 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  8:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Jonnie

Congratulations, how wonderful and exciting!. Having just graduated myself from my parenting role with my youngest son turning 18, I can truly look back and say that their births and sharing their lives is the most awesome of life's experience. I wish you the same wonder and joy....

Luna The Farm Lady
http://blueballmountainspindleneedleworks.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  07:18:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Kathie and Luna. I'm very much looking forward to the whole experience--we told Justin's family last night (2 sets of grandparents) and will be telling my mom tonight over dinner. Can't wait!!! We gave each parent a "gift"--Justin's mom and Bob received one of Miss Wilma's handmade dresses of antique blue calico, with a little card that said, "Dear Nana and Bob...I can't wait to meet you in February, Love, Baby Lynch" and Justin's father and Jane received a vintage children's book, and on the inside cover we wrote, "Papa and Grammie Jane, Can't wait until you read this to me, Love, Baby Lynch"....they all cried and it was very sweet :)

Kathie, Jemima is a wonderful name!!! I also love Jemma, but Justin, not so much :) We do have names (of course you knew we would...)and here you go: if it's a girl, it's going to be Violet Grace and for a boy, Leo Aloysius (Aloysius is Justin's, his dad, his grandpa, and great grandpa's middle name). We had other names originally, but frankly, every Jack or Jackson I've met has been a REAL stinker....so nixed that one ;)

We're just over the moon (as I may have mentioned :)) and I just thank you all for your wonderful wishes. Really--it inspires me to think I might just be able to pull this mother thing off...And yes, Kathie...welcome to the club of honorary grands and aunties!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  10:22:03 AM  Show Profile
Sweet names!!!
I'm Excited!!!!!

I KNOW your Parents had to be SO thrilled!!
What a fantastic Event!
Thanks for allowing us all to be part of the Family!

You are going to be the absolute BEST Mother!!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  10:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I am so happy for you and your hubby!! I just love babies..

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
http://modernmanna.org
The best Christian health and nutrition site on the internet. Keep checking because we are updating the site over the next couple of months.. Major changes will be happening.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  10:38:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Debra...this is a whole new shebang for us!!! The more I read, the more nervous I get....so I think I'm going to stop reading! Surely there is a thing as too much information--I mean, after all, how did our Grandmother's and Great Grandmother's do it without all these guidelines?

It's such a neat experience, the whole thing, and I'm lucky enough to being have a fairly easy pregnancy with no sickness and no problems, really.

Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  4:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! That's wonderful news! I can just feel your happiness, from your posts.

Isn't it funny how a baby suddenly changes your whole life?

Best wishes to you both,
Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  6:44:54 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful, Jonni! Congratulations to you and Justin!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  8:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, I had my first child when I was 34, and my second when I was 39. The kids are terrific, I'm kind of old now...but what a lovely experience. I remember the first doctor saying, well, this is a geriatric pregnancy...I just laughed. I expect they have changed that attitude in the last twenty five years. You are just going to be so amazed....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  06:23:43 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad to hear you say that, Karin--I didn't want to be like my friend, Julie, who had her children at 41 and 43...that's just too late for me, but she'd also suffered a number of sad miscarriages and trials that took her to that age to carry a child to term. The doctor did say they will do more ultrasounds for us than a "younger" pregnancy, but also said that the cases of Downes Syndrome they've seen in their office have been all younger aged women...I'm not worried, though, a gift is a gift.

We told my mother last night--I found a lovely little vintage baby dress from the 1920's or so, with beautiful smocking and embroidery (all ivory) and put a sweet little tag on it that said, "To Gram, I Can't wait to meet you in February, Love, Baby Lynch" and had her open it over dinner, telling her that we got her something in Louisville for watching the dogs...she was floored. It was the best reaction ever, I think!!! My mom has always been so wonderful at giving me "lead", letting me make my own decisions, and being supportive of (most) of what I wanted to accomplish (as long as it's sane)...I know she loves babies, and she's always buying for someone's little one, or her great niece and nephew, but she's never pressured me to have children. So, she was VERY surprised last night when she figured it out, and immediately turned to mush and started planning shopping trips. So, I guess she's on board :)

We talked about how old we'll be with dance lessons or little league...I'm sure we won't be the only ones :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic And baby makes three :) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page