Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Did Somebody Mention Ghosts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Did Somebody Mention Ghosts? Next Topic  

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  1:55:43 PM  Show Profile
I'm getting some interesting responses to my blog post yesterday. I took a picture in a cemetery that came out....well, unusual.

Take a look and tell me what YOU think.

Here's the link:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/MJFBlog/default.asp?Display=137
You can also get there by hitting "City Farmgirl Blog" on MaryJanesFarm main webpage.

What do YOU think it is?
It was a cloudless day...no rain around...no moisture...no smoke...nothing like that. And, of course, I didn't edit it...

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  2:09:08 PM  Show Profile
Spots appear in photos all the time here (whether they are taken in a cemetery or not). Most seem to occur at our community hall. Everybody here in town has photos they took at community hall with spots. It seems that when there is music and lots of kids, there are even more spots. Folks here theorize that spirits are attracted to the energy of the music and our kids. I don't really know, but it's hard to explain how EVERYBODY'S camera gets spots.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

iloveprims
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

TRACY
Phillipsburg NJ
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  2:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Send iloveprims a Yahoo! Message
I am really not sure but it "could" be a ghost, who knows.... If the day was as clear as the night sky with no clouds or anything that would make that appear then the possibility of it being a ghost is very high.

~Tracy~
Primitive Lover & Farmgirl Wanna be!

http://wantingtobeme.blogspot.com
http://www.handmadeswap.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  2:32:22 PM  Show Profile
Darn computer bogged down, but I did see a few of the first photos, and read what you had to say. I agree, it is sad to come across displaced/broken headstones. A group I belong to goes over to a local old cemetary I don't think anyone visits anymore, and cleans up. This year they found some previously lost graves. Nice to find lost folks. I guess there are registries on line that some folks volunteer to keep up that lists who is in what old nearly-forgotten cemetary. Makes geneological research a bit easier.

I don't know about the spots showing up in your photos. I guess you can choose whatever answer suits you. It is comforting to think there is more going on ...after. I also know cameras and eyes play tricks all the time. I wouldn't let it disturb you though. Cemetaries are meant to be comforting to those of us who remain. I can't remember where I read it, or what decade it took place, but I do know it used to be popular to visit cemetaries for the park like atmosphere, even if you weren't there to visit someone departed. I think it's a shame our culture sees them as creepy places.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  2:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I love the pictures, I am facinated with every cemetery I have EVER seen. They are so neat and hold so much information, of folks would just slow down and appreciate what they have to say to us.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential
Liane Cardes

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com

Aunt Debs Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5848156
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  3:43:14 PM  Show Profile
I can say with almost 100% certainty that it is a sun glare. The sun is shining through the trees in front of you and creating a glare. The little spots in the top left are dust specks on your camera lense that are catching that sunshine. It's actually a common occurance in photos. Also if you use a flash in the sunlight it can often magnify the effect.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  3:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love old cemeteries. I love reading the old tombstones and grave markers. Some are very sad- especially children and infants. Some have clever and witty sayings. It is interesting to imagine their lives and the lives of their loved ones.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  4:57:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Country Lawyer:
I mentioned ghost and had a topic asking about ghost about two weeks ago. Nice to see your posting. I took a look at the pictures and read the article. I guess it's ones opinion to believe they saw no ghost or to call the orbs sun spots. I do often see pictures like that and do consider them sun spots. I live in Louisiana. In 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the LA coast in August and Hurricae Rita hit the LA coast in September. I live in SW LA and our house was flooded; 5 feet of water. Anyway, the cemeteries out in the country where I live were really damaged. There were graves that were pushed up out of the ground. Several coffins were scattered all around. DNA was had to be done on several of the bones that were found to put them back in the proper grave. This took months to do. I can remember seeing coffins out in the marsh resting where the water had dropped it. It was a sad thing to see. About the pictures you posted. I believe the orb is a ghost. I have seen and felt my share of ghost. I hope I am not scaring anyone. My intent is not to do that. Ghost or spirits, to me, are just lost lingering souls who need to move on toward the light. Thanks for the posting.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  6:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Well, it could be just the glare from sunlight or maybe humidity (is it humid there where you're at?) ... or it could be ectoplasm or orbs or something ghostly...I do believe in ghosts btw, but I do try to look at things practical ... I have a feeling on that one in particular of the four graves .. that it might be the glare of the sunlight ... if you look you can see the way the sunlight falls down on the grass....... or maybe it is a ghostly presence! Who knows!

http://maggie.ecrater.com
http://maggiemerch.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/hh_reiki
http://www.myspace.com/brookealyson
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  6:05:13 PM  Show Profile
I always love reading your post and thought is was quite funny when the spots showed up on your pics. I just figure it was the sun. I have never really been scared of death and or cemeteries. So I just find it amazing when people get all creeped out over things like that. Thanks for sharing your pics. Oh and your dd looked comfy up on stage bet she was one of those who did great. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  6:25:19 PM  Show Profile
btw I do believe in ghost just not so much in orbs. People who study ghosts and see orbs in pictures often have a hard time finding simultaneous evidence to support them as ghostly beings. No I have seen some pretty convincing photos before.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  8:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Julie:
So have I. When I was young, I thought everybody saw what I saw. It doesn't scare me at all.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  05:51:26 AM  Show Profile
I'm really enjoying reading your opinions on this. Marly, I've got to go and find that topic. I know a long time ago there was a thread going about encounters with the unexplained.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  11:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Country lawyer:
Feel free to email me on the topic.
Have a wonderful and super happy day!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  11:34:02 AM  Show Profile
Julie said it first, but I second it. Those spots are definitely produced by the angle of the sun hitting the camera sensor (or lens in a film camera). I'm taking a photo class right now and there are photos hanging on the walls with more pronounced "orbs" that the photographer included on purpose for artsy affect.

I've got no opinion on ghosts, but I love to walk in old cemeteries. They are so quiet and peaceful. I think it's more respectful to walk there than to stay away. Kind of nice to visit the dead, even if you didn't know them personally.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  5:00:27 PM  Show Profile
I choose the ghost! The story is more romantic that way...to me at least. Marly you and I have got to talk.....

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
www.harvestthymefarm.com
Sister #279 (big grin!)
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  8:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Dawn:
I knew someone would choose the ghost. I saw a ghost. I'm okay with others not seeing a ghost. Each his/her own. Let's chat Dawn. We can chat here, or email me. Have you ever seen a ghost?
Have a great day, and a happy one.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  05:07:37 AM  Show Profile
mARly:

Stupid cap lock! I went to your portfolio and there wasnt an address attached to send you a message. You can contact me thru mine, and I'd like to tell/ask you something! SHHHH! Its asecret! haha! :o)

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
www.harvestthymefarm.com
Sister #279 (big grin!)
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  07:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
It would be interesting if you had a couple of pictures from the same spot over a series of days. Then, if all of the shots where peculiar, then we could call Bill Murray! Who's to say it's not ghosts?? Weird things happen all the time...for instance, we have a spot on our property that is unique. After a thunderstorm, where the sun comes out, a rainbow shows up in the exact place--every single time. I have a file of pictures of them, some from early spring to late summer, even some from the fall. It's so pretty, and half of the time it's a double. So, maybe your spots are ghosts...or even better, maybe Angels!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  09:03:28 AM  Show Profile
Samantha:
I love your thought on the Angels. It certainly could have been angels.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  09:18:22 AM  Show Profile
oooooo...Love the ghosts thought...shiver.....how fun!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Did Somebody Mention Ghosts? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page