Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Wanted...A Few Canning Supplies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanted...A Few Canning Supplies Next Topic  

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  12:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm just plain tired of burning my little fingers and hands reaching into my canning pot to pull jars out or getting soaked plopping the jars into the water bath!

I'd sure appreciate a canning rack and/or jar lifting tool if anybody has them just sitting around and collecting dust.

I'd be willing to do a trade. Just let me know what you'd like. I have all kinds of stuff I'd be willing to part with(too much to list here!)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

Edited by - dkelewae on Aug 06 2008 12:25:04 PM

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  12:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Diana, I might have what you're looking for. I still haven't made to the basement yet (I'm supposed to be there now looking for baskets). If I find it today, I'll let you know. We're close enough that we could actually meet up!

God bless -
Karen
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  12:46:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Karen! My daughter lives in Barnhart, which is just a hop skip and jump from where you are!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  1:47:21 PM  Show Profile
I got a jar lifter from my local Ace Hardware for cheap.(3-4 dollars) They usually have canning supplies in plenty this time of year.
Plus Lehman's carries them for 5 bucks.
http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/search/searchresultsmain.jsp?fresh=1&searchType=advanced&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&attribute14=0&attribute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=jar+lifter

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG

Edited by - Bonne on Aug 06 2008 1:53:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  2:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Diana, I had no luck in the basement but Robbie (my hubby) may have moved them to the garage or shed. He'll be home in a couple of hours and I can check with him then. If we find them, I'll be out on Friday and can drop them off at your daughter's if that works for her. But let's wait to make sure I have them first! If I can't, have you ever tried Freecycle? It's a great way to get stuff for free. Go to www.freecycle.com to sign up. There should be someone out there with extra canning supplies. I'll put feelers out in the Jefferson County group too.

God bless -
Karen
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  7:00:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Diana, I have an extra jar lifter if you want it! Send me your address if you want it!
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  7:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Diana, I'm sorry to report we can't find the supplies. I'm thinking I may have given them to a friend a few years back who was interested in canning. Take Sheila up on the jar lifter and if I ever do come across mine, you can teach me how to can!

God bless -
Karen
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  8:15:39 PM  Show Profile
Karen-Thanks so much for looking around for me!

Sheila-you have email :)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  05:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
No problem, Diana! Wish I could have found it for you but hopefully it did find a good home. Glad Sheila is there as a back up. Now your canning should be more enjoyable.

God bless -
Karen

P.S. Did I read in a previous post that you were starting a sisterhood group? If so, more info please.
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  06:53:30 AM  Show Profile
Karen, I'm working on starting a chapter. It's already posted here on MJF. Here's the link

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Chapters/Search.asp If you put in the zip code 63376 in the search it'll pull up the chapter :)

Now we just need to get a bunch of gals to sign up!

I would like to start a knitting sisterhood group and henhouse here too!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanted...A Few Canning Supplies Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page