Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 WANT: Whistling Kettle, Jewel-T Autumn Tea Pot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic WANT: Whistling Kettle, Jewel-T Autumn Tea Pot Next Topic  

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  07:01:33 AM  Show Profile
The timing of the tea cup swap is just killing me! Literally, like two days ago I made a pledge to myself that I would not purchase anything that wasn't completely necessary for the rest of August. I don't have any teacups that I can stand to part with. I would have to buy one to swap, so I can't participate, sadly. But, I am in the market for bartering for some things.

I need a whistling tea kettle, not glass, the regular old fashioned kind with the spout.

Also, was looking at a picture of my grandmother in her kitchen taken a few years before she died. In the background I see her Jewel-T Autumn print tea set. Memories of tea with my dear grandma brought me near to tears. All the things I strive for in my life right now, she would have known al about. I was 16 years old when she passed on, I didn't appreciate her like I should have. She was certainly a Farmgirl. Anyway, I know the Jewel-T stuff is collectible now, but if anyone has one that they want to see go to a good home, let me know.

Items in my etsy shop are available for barter. Custom sewing work is an option. I also crochet. I have tons of books as well: classic novels, christian womens interest, homeschooling, health and weight loss, etc. Let me know.

Thanks!

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  08:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Theresa-
I bet we will do another tea cup swap soon after the holidays!

PS- You have to sign up for the tea cup swap by the 15th of August, but you don't have to ship until the 15th of September....so you could go buy a tea cup from the thrift store or somewhere on September 1st-15th and still be fine! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Aug 06 2008 08:04:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9409 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9409 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  04:12:28 AM  Show Profile
Theresa,
Is this what the one you are looking for looks like?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hall-Jewel-T-Autumn-Leaf-Teapot-Aladdin-3pc-w-Infuser_W0QQitemZ200243355435QQihZ010QQcategoryZ450QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  06:12:44 AM  Show Profile
Yep, that's the one. Just like Grandma's. That one's pretty cheap, but I took that pledge to myself. I'm gonna stick to it for once!

Thanks!

Theresa in Colorado

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  07:24:01 AM  Show Profile
Alee,

I've been thinking about what you said. . .and while I am tempted, I think committing to buying something unnecessary is also gonna be a no-no for me this month.

I'll just catch you guys on the next go round!

Theresa in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  07:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good Theresa!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic WANT: Whistling Kettle, Jewel-T Autumn Tea Pot Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page