Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Idea's for a casual anniversary party?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Idea's for a casual anniversary party? Next Topic  

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  4:12:59 PM  Show Profile
I am giving my folks an anniversary party for their 40th. We are holding it at their neighborhood pool. I'm having chicken and veggie/fruit platters, and a white sheet cake. We only have two picnic tables to use, and the food and drinks/cups/plates etc. will be there. So I'm thinking of setting up the grassy area with blankets/quilts for a casual picnic feel. In my DREAM WORLD there would be galvanized tubs with ice and water bottles at each blanket, along with a picnic basket with extra napkins, a vase of flowers and maybe some hard candys or something sweet that won't melt. However, the budget says that's just too much!So I'm thinking "dollar tree" plastic tubs/garbage cans (they have smallish ones) for the ice and bottles of water, but what about that basket idea? I guess I could scour the thrift store between now and then. What about cheap ideas for flowers?...I know it's going to be casual, but I still want it to feel special...idea's please!
P~

living a good neighbor life

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/

LindaMAlbert
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Linda
Belgrade Montana
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  5:14:31 PM  Show Profile
Good for you for giving your parents a party for their anniversary. Do you have a rental party store in your area? They might have galvanized tubs and baskets for rent.
Wild flowers and grasses or grains. I see the ox-eye daisies are in bloom in Montana now and the wheat has turned color. I don't know what's out in NC.
Give your parents our congratulations.
Linda

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog.
~Konrad Lorenz
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  5:28:43 PM  Show Profile
You can go online to Wholesale flowers and most will ship anything that they can get for you. I did my inlaws 50th for about $50.00 and had large arrangements that I did on 12 tables. I have also just walked around my neighborhood and asked for one or two flowers and people were happy to work with me.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Idea's for a casual anniversary party? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page