Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  09:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Posted a few pictures of my Victorian side. It all seems to fit together with all my likes. These pictures are all from the upstairs.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  12:11:13 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo-What beautiful victorian things! My mom adores the lady head vases and collects them. Whenever I'm lucky enough to come across one somewhere that's in good shape I buy them for her.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  1:22:40 PM  Show Profile
I think those lady head vases are worth some bucks! I have a book here someplace...I'll look tomorrow. Love the embroidery especially when it is something that's been in your family; that makes it even more meaningful. Yes....curtains blowing in the breeze...ahhh...I miss the north right now....its 97 with heat index of like 180 here!!!!! You can't even BREATHE outside in this with all the humidity....paint won't dry so why do the plants dry out? What's up with that? I think you have to be born and raised in this heat to be able to get used to it. I remember cool evenings when we would sit outside on the porch up north...here it was 81 and felt like 98 at 1:30 this morning....can you tell I'm tired...I get cranky. Don't let my daughter see that jewelry....she'll be knocking on your door! LOL! She LOVES old jewelry and she knows her stuff too....me...I've never been a jewelry person but I have learned a lot from her and if I had a different lifestyle I could get into it! Always a treat to see your home and "stuff".....it's so warm and well...HOMEY! thanks Nancy JO!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  2:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Very beautiful! You sure have a knack when it comes to seeing things and putting them in just the right place!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  9:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I love everything!! So beautiful Nancy Jo!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  10:55:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you girls. You always say the nicest things. When the girl at the thrift saves those bags of jewelery for me there are always a few nice pieces. Always excited when I find hat pins and stick pins. I only save the best stuff. Give the rest to a friend who gives it to a church group for crafts.
Been on a big sorting and cleaning out this weekend. Richard added shelves for me for more pantry stuff. I have been packing up boxes for the church rummage sale. Also getting books ready to take to the library, they sell them or keep them. I only keep the books I really really like or I would have to open my own library. Wish you girls could be here I could give away a lot of things.
Put all my leftover cheeses in a double boiler and melted it down with milk and butter and made a mac and cheese for a side dish. Got a nice steak for the grill and some home grown peaches. But that won't stop me from wanting to go out for ice cream later.
Just about done with the book I have been reading about EDITH ROOSEVELT. Its been a long interesting read. Now what to pick next, I sure have a lot to choose from.
I wonder if OREO COOKIES have a lot of caffeine in?
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:52:16 PM  Show Profile
Nancy I love Victorian things and yours are just so pretty! I especially like the piece of embroidery hanging on the wall that your aunt made...lovely!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  2:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Chelsey. Just happen to find that in a drawer when we were clearing out her house.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  08:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
That's good that you took your granddaughters to the thrift. Start them out early. I didn't discover them until I was 21. All those wasted years! :( And the fans are beautiful! I'm a fan of your fans! LOL! And you better watch out leaving all that jewelry out so Jack and Dave can get into it!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MY VICTORIAN SIDE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page