Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Tx Chapter- oh mama hen Caron
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Tx Chapter- oh mama hen Caron Next Topic  

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  5:30:10 PM  Show Profile
I have a question. And I thought about other farmgirls too but thinking we could do the TX chapter first. Can we do a friendship quilt swap where we would sign up for a swap and each do a square for it and if we have 12 TX farmgirls sign up then we would each make 12 squares and send them off. We would sign the inside of our sqaures and then we would piece, quilt our own quilts. Is that a silly idea or does it sound like somthing fun. I have a pattern for a friendship quilt somewhere.

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  06:13:01 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like a nice idea, AngiKay! I'm not familiar with this, does each of 12 ladies do one square each so the quilt will have 12 squares, or each lady does 12 squares?
Do we donate the completed quilt to a charity?

This sounds fun. I will state up front: I've never quilted so I'll need to learn how to do this, but I'm willing to learn!

Caron

"What a mighty God we serve!"

Farmgirl Sister #254
Heart of Texas Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  09:08:46 AM  Show Profile
The swap would be for each of us to get our own friendship quilt. Another time we could do one for charity - which is a wonderful idea. But the friendship quilt would be each person in the swap would make (say there were 12 signed up for the swap) then each swap member would make 12 squares ( all of hers the same) then she would keep one and mail off the other 11, then each swap member would eventually end up with 12 squares but different each with a swap members signature in the middle square, then each member would piece their own quilt and quilt them so however they want to put the squares together would be their own taste. So the quilts would be done and be somewhat the same and there would be 12 of them for each of the 12 swappers. Does that make sense? It might be too wordy. hugs

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  09:43:53 AM  Show Profile
I get it! This is a nice idea! Lets see how many others are interested in joining in, and we'll go from there.

Caron

"What a mighty God we serve!"

Farmgirl Sister #254
Heart of Texas Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  12:32:31 PM  Show Profile
sounds good!! I will look for the pattern. Do we have in TX farmgirl takers? Anyone? anyone??

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I would but I can't sew...but I would love to see what you come up with... : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  4:24:08 PM  Show Profile
I would like to do it. I sew, but have always wanted to learn to quilt. I have several books but just never attempted it. Keep me posted...

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  11:33:36 AM  Show Profile
Brenda and Heather, I posted about the quilt in the TX chapter post. You can read about it there but we need 12 TX sisters to make it work. hugs

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Tx Chapter- oh mama hen Caron Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page