Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic selling our beef Next Topic  

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  1:17:13 PM  Show Profile
We finally had a beef processed at a federally inspected plant and it is labled for resale!
We plan on taking it to the farmer's market-probably on the 9th of this month to start out. I talked to the local health dept and as long as its labled for resale and inspected we are all set. Our local farmer's market is very laid back, cost is 4.00 a week and you only pay the when you go. It is first come first served for your spot and there is always, at this point, room for other vendors, it is on a one way street next to the county court house, they kinda block off the street but cars can still drive through (mostly the elderly will do that) and most of the 'old' timers are in the same space week to week.
I have to work this Saturday and haven't got any business cards printed up or a little poster type thing to tell about our farm and how the beef was raised. So I will have a week to get it all together. Fortunatley Leezard says she is coming home on Monday and she will work with me on the final details.
I am looking forward to see how it sells.
Pam

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  4:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Yay! I'm so excited that this is happening!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic selling our beef Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page