Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 WHAT KIND OF 'CHILD' WERE YOU?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic WHAT KIND OF 'CHILD' WERE YOU? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  09:07:28 AM  Show Profile
I was the youngest and very shy. But I was a tomboy too and loved to climb trees. We had a huge Bing cherry tree in the back yard and that is where you could find me. I like to be left alone and I guess I still am a lot like that. I loved to read and I wanted a horse. My ambition as a child was to be a hermit and live up in the mountains and have a horse and dog and a cabin full of books. When I got much older I decided if I were to live that way an occasional man wandering by would be just dandy. LOL MB
PS. Me at about 7. They tried to make me laugh to show me toothless.

OMG it is a huge pic.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Aug 03 2008 10:24:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  2:07:38 PM  Show Profile
I was a very inquisitive and curious child. I was feminine but at the same time I LOVED "boy" things like searching for bugs under rocks and climbing trees. I loved reading...I began reading at a very young age and continued right up until now. I was the oldest child of four so I was always really responsible and motherly. That is probably a big reaso why I love "homemaker" activities so much!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  2:24:55 PM  Show Profile
I was a bit of a loner, mostly because the kids in the neighborhood thought I was a "goody-two-shoes" and I got beaten up a lot. I probably could have been Fern in "Charlotte's Web", because I loved going to the barn and playing with the cats, cracking up at the antics of the chickens and ducks, chasing after the goat and watching the horses run the fields.
I would walk to the Brown's house, down behind ours, and spend mornings with Mrs. Brown's mother, Gram Milner, listening to her tell stories of her childhood. She was quite the adventurous one! You could also find me peering over the top of the fence at Captain Miller's house trying to catch a glimpse of the fabulous knot garden they had next to their barn. It was such a magical place.
I think I had a really wonderful childhood.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  4:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Ahh... LOVE the picture Mary Beth! I know I already posted here, but I have to say that I was a bit like Mary Beth and Karin-- A loner, and I loved animals and to read and daydream as well. But... no one ever beat me up, except my sister. She was MEAN so I pretty much learned to hold my own in a fight and, even though I'm 5'2 and weighed practically NOTHING in JR. High and High School, no one EVER picked on me!!!! Especially not after I went head to head with one of the meanest girls on campus (not a single punch was thrown, but I was READY for her!) AND one of the BIGGEST guys in school the first week I went there!!! (You know, staring a bully straight in the eyes does funny things to them..... even if you have to look UP to do it!!! he! he! he!) ~~~Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic WHAT KIND OF 'CHILD' WERE YOU? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page