vintagetag
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Linda
Cheyenne WY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  6:36:59 PM  Show Profile
My mom called to tell me that she had found a magazine that was all about me - but I couldn't have it until she was finished reading it! I lost track of how many times I oohed and aahhed as I read my first issue of MaryJane's Farm.

I was born and raised in Cheyenne, WY. Don't live on a farm but does it count that the house I live in (built in the late 1890's) was once part of a farm.

I'm a single mom of two daughters who are now married and have given me a new JOY - my three grandchildren.

I love to read, garden, sew, re-purpose items into something new. I'm learning to knit, learning to live a more organic lifestyle and walk more gently upon the earth.

I am looking forward to the next issue and sharing ideas and thoughts with all of you "Farmgirls"

Linda
Cheyenne, WY
USA

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  6:50:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda:
Oh!!!!! You live in the state of my dreams, Wyoming. My husband and I vacationed there one year and I have never forgotten how beautiful it was. You'll love it here at the Farmgirl Site Connection. There are so many helpful people full of great ideas. I found this place about a month ago. I absolutely love it, and hope you will, too. Those three grandchildren must keep you pretty busy. I love to read. Have you read, "These Is My Words", by Nancy E. Turner? If not, get the book ASAP. It is the best book I have EVER read. Let me know if you do read it. I loved what you said and how you said "walk more gently upon the earth". How nice. You are so right. Welcome, again.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  7:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome!!! My best friend just got back from Frontier Days...she goes every year because the entire side of her mom's family is from there... Anyway, what a beautiful state you have! I am from Utah, and frequently head to Wyoming and always appreciate the un-ending view of gorgeous blue western sky :) Welcome to the forum! There is a great group of women here, you will love it ;)

"The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas More

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  7:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome. You are going to love this site. It sounds like you are definitely a farmgirl...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  8:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Linda! I am from Worland but have loads of family in Laramie and Cheyenne! Welcome to the forum! Doesn't reading the magazine make you feel like you are coming "home"?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  04:45:17 AM  Show Profile
A warm Southern welcome, Linda! Absolutely you're a farmgirl! Lookin' forward to hearing more about you!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  05:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Linda! Welcome from way over here in Kentucky! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  06:38:25 AM  Show Profile
welcome gurlfren linda! you're going to be 'right at home' here! hop in and tell us stories .. ask us questions .. give us advice! such a fun group of ladies. xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  06:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Welcome Linda!! You will love this forum. Many wonderful FarmGirls to chat with. You house sounds wonderful we would love to see some pics. My first grand baby is due the end of September and the second one is due in February. I can't wait to spoil them!!!!!

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  06:47:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda! I really liked what you said about wanting to 'walk more gently upon the earth'. That's a beautiful thought and phrase. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  07:10:44 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda! I'm new myself but enjoying this great site and gals. I lived in Wyoming, near Casper and love the state. My home is Montana now..

Enjoy yourself here..
Elise

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ranchmama/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  07:18:18 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda, Sounds like you will fit right in. Cant wait to get to know more about you. karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  08:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi linda,
Welcome from Washington State~ yep, you certainly sound like a farmgirl to me. Glad you found us and I am really looking forward to getting to know you more... again welcome!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

KatyDo
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Kaye
Uintah UT
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  5:47:26 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
Welcome from Utah. Your house counts as far as I'm concerned. I too love to re-purpose. Your going to love MJFarm Connection.
Kaye
PS I first found MJ's magazine while on a trip to Star Valley, WY

Follow Your Bliss

Edited by - KatyDo on Jul 30 2008 5:49:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  5:52:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda. My absolute favorite place in Wyoming is Fort Laramie.

Question: Can you tell me why I should drive through Cheyenne instead of taking the Bosler cutoff to Alliance, NE. My dad would never drive through Cheyenne. I think it is probably a beautiful town/city. I have no idea how big it is, but maybe you could help me out.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  07:52:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda,

Welcome from The Texas Hill Country! My husband and I have always wanted to visit Wyoming! I can't believe we didn't do it when we lived in Oregon. :O/ It would of been much closer than where we are now. :O) Again, welcome...

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  09:10:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello from Washington Linda! You sound like a real farmgirl to me...it's great to meet you! That was really nice of your mom to give you the MJ magazine...I love it! I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  09:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda!! I love Wyoming, although I haven't been there in a while. I hope you love it here
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

vintagetag
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Linda
Cheyenne WY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  09:13:33 AM  Show Profile
You ladies sure know how to put tears in one's eyes. Your notes of welcome was like meeting each of you in person. I all ready feel at home finding so many kindred sisters.

Wyoming is a beautiful state with lots of wide open spaces.

Marly, thank you for the book suggestion. I have added it to my "look for" list for the library. I am an avid reader and have been since I can remember.

Betty, if you are headed for Alliance or close to it - going through Bosler is the quickest way. Cheyenne has many historic areas - homes and business's in the downtown area. It is a wonderful place to visit.

Linda
Cheyenne, WY
USA
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  09:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello, from another new farmgirl in sunny florida. I've never been west of the Mississippi, but know it is beautiful.

handmade cards and jewelry at jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Greetings from Wyoming Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page