Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A lesson in making everyday fun
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A lesson in making everyday fun Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  5:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
We went down to the river today and there is a small rv parking area. To the left is a laundry/store/game room/swing set for the RV'ers. I went with a friend who knew someone who was staying in on the RV's. We spent about 2 hours in the laundry part helping the young lady do laundry but mostly just laughing silly and having fun. It really made me slow down, focus and find fun in whatever we did. We brought cards and played "laundry" poker-whoever lost got to fold the next load of laundry. Charlie played on the swing set, dipped his toesies in the water and just enjoyed running around. I came home and felt so unattached to the TV or even thinking of going "somewhere" to have fun. It is really making me think...the small things.

The couple we visited summer for 3 months in their RV throughout Texas and bring just what they need and live really simple and have a lot of family/outdoor time. This is something Scott and I are considering, put on a more permanet basis. It was refreshing and fun to be around them and I learned a lot, especially about myself.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  6:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That sounds wonderful, Heather! I have been outside all day in my new "Outpost" reading a book! Heaven! Sometimes it is great to realize we often make our lives so much more complicated than they have to be!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  6:40:38 PM  Show Profile
Heather:
Give me the simple life! Less hectic, means more to me. Material things, I discovered the hard way, are nothing. I good day spent with friends, folding clothes, playing cards, cooking, gardening, etc... Life is good with simple things. I agree..
Marly
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  6:55:41 PM  Show Profile
WHAT A FUN DAY .. thanks for sharing .. i love hearing what all the gurlfrenz are doin'! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  7:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I really wanted to me this couple...she is a nurse and he does something with computers, but can work from home. They save up all their vacation time and she does work locally, but they live at the RV places in the summer. They lost their home and 99% of what they owned when it rained real bad a few years ago and the rivers flooded. The water was up to the tree tops in some spots and their whole house flooded. They rebuilt just a small, 2 bedroom "shack" as they call it. Really simple, not much to it. She really walks the walk in the idea of simple living. She said when she looked at all she had to replace- curtains, silverware, towels, furniture, dishes, even underwear...it got overwhelming. The spent a year living in an RV they had bought just before the flood but never had the "time" to take a vacation.

She is a really cool lady. She gets her books from the library, wear either scrubs to work or is in short, t-shirts, tanks and flip flops (we hit it off FAMOUSLY on that one) and they only own what they need. They hike, bike, tube, kayak, walk, swim, run, skip, hop and twirl- they just love the outdoors and keep really active. They are board game fanatics and make up rules for fun prize or if you lose, you get to do something like clean the RV or the laundry. They added a lovely "awning" to the side of their rv, with roll down sides, it is quite lovely and reminds me of what Alee did today with her Outpost.

She fancied up the rv by painting the inside and she recovered everything is beautiful fabric. She had some really great storage ideas for more space or how to make things function better.

I just love their lifestyle. Hubby and I are considering doing something very similiar. Very inspirational!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  06:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Check out workkampers (they are paid to work a few hours at campsites, doing fun thing like checking folks in) my sister and I are considering doing that a few years down the road...
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A lesson in making everyday fun Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page