Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Any Funny Cat Stories to Share
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Any Funny Cat Stories to Share Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  3:50:36 PM  Show Profile

My first cat, Henry Dragon, slept all day, and was up all night. He would bring in his toys and place them around my neck at night. I woke up with a cat-toy necklace most mornings. I loved that cat. He died on cancer about six years ago.
There must be lots of cat lovers in the Farm Site. Share your cat stories.
Thanks.
Marly

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh I love my cat Eggnog! I have several stories about him on my blog but here is a good one.

About 2 days ago I was in the shower and I heard this thumping noise going through the house. I then saw my husband run by the bathroom door. I had no idea what was going on. He comes into the bathroom laughing, with a sneaker in his hand and says, "The cat just got chased by my shoe!" I didn't understand at first so he explained. The cat had been playing with the lace on the sneaker. At some point the cats claw got stuck in the lace. The cat decided to move somewhere else and the sneaker started following him. Of course this freaked him out so he took of running and the shoe was still attached and still chasing!!! The thumping I heard was the cat and the shoe running through the house. Eventually it came off but the cat hid under the bed for about 2 hours!!! I REALLY wish I had seen this cause it sounds so funny.

Eggnog also likes to take showers and will actually get in the shower with you. He doesn't seem to mind getting wet.

He also HATES the washing machine. If the laundry door is open and he can see it he will hiss and hiss at it. If I close the door he is fine. He doesn't seem to be affected by the dryer - only the washer.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  5:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Julie:
I bet Eggnog stays away from the shoes now! Funny. My cat Gracie is so afraid of the vaccum. She runs like she is slipping on something, then falls down with all legs out- but her legs are still running. It is a hoot to see! Usually when I vaccum, I close the door to whatever room she's in, so as not to give her a heart-attack! I have 7 outside cats, and 2 indoor cats; none of them like water. At least Eggnog gets a good shower once in a while. LOL
Thanks a million for sharing that story.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  5:41:33 PM  Show Profile
We have a brother and sister. Midnight and Buttons. They love to jump on a blanket and have the kids pull them around the house. DD use to put them in a baby stroller and give them rides when they were little. Midnight will play fetch with the wadded up paper ball and Buttons thinks a paper airplane is her own special birdie. She loves to chase it. Too cute.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  8:17:30 PM  Show Profile
Long but I think worth it
I am not sure if everyone will think this is funny but when I told my son the story tonight he said "Only at your farm Mom" Here it goes..

I adopted a cat last Christmas who had never seen a mouse - well I have mice - were in the country. The first couple of times Clem (the cat) would see a mouse he would throw up - I mean it - throw up on my nice carpet. Fast foreword to this morning. I was trying to get the jump on the heat this morning so I had both front and back door open and sat down to eat breakfast in the cool breeze. In ran Clem like a shot with a huge bird in his mouth. He ran straight to me as I was screaming (I really hate birds) and he dropped it on my feet which was barefoot on the kitchen floor - The bird who was in shock and Yes, I admit it, I paniced and bundt kicked the bird out the back door. Score! Clem got yelled at and that was that - well not if you live with me. I was determined today to get my computer work done (which Clem has decided the computer chair is his) so I sat down with my glass of Ice tea, box of Kleenex (allergies) and a strong determination to get my work done. I was busy typing away and in ran Clem and jumped in my lap - dropped something and ran. It was a vole - YES A VOLE.. Those nasty, big teethed vermine. I jumped up, screamed, hit it with my shoe and then grabbed a plastic bag and took it outside. Meanwhile, Clem jumped in the chair. After his next lecture and a push off the chair I went back to work. About two hours later, you guessed it - Clem came running back in and dropped at my feet a dazed chipmunk. This time no screaming I just grabbed the dictionary and smacked it a couple of times. Again another plastic bag and out the door. Now as I walked back to my chair Clem had placed his head under the pillow on the chair and pretending like he was not there. As I yelled his name he went running for the upstairs where for the past five hours he has been hidding in the bathroom behind the shower curtain. God only knows what he might bring to me while I am sleeping. I think I am staying up tonight with a frying pan next to my bed. Sleep tight Clem.....

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  9:04:45 PM  Show Profile
we love cats, we have 3 and one of them loves to run down the hall and beat you to wherever you are going and she bounces off the wall and races you down the hall even though you are walking she runs at top speed.

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  9:53:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the posts ladies. My cats entertain me daily. One of my cat, Gracie, chases paper balls all over the house. My cat Zoe will throw-up or rather, make herself throw-up with Gracie gets too close to her. In the winter time, my cat Zoe will stare at Luck-Dog until he gets out of his warm dog bed. Then Zoe will take a nap in the warm spot. Luck-Dog is so afraid of the cats. I laugh every day at those cats.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  07:22:06 AM  Show Profile
Marly, aren't kitties the best? I agree, these are all great stories.

Grace...
Clem is just showing you how much he LOVES you by bringing you all of his prizes!! LOL!!! HA! Maybe his got his feelings hurt when he seen you whacking all of his presents and decided to go hide? How funny!! I am thinking he was trying to show you that he does know how to hunt, he is just picky about the choice of game! LOL!!! He sounds so entertaining.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  11:20:47 AM  Show Profile
Brenda:
I just don't know what I would do without the joy I get from my 7 cats. I swear they think I am the head hunter, especially when I come in from the grocery store. Out of the bags I pull out tuna fish, cat can food, and other goodies they love. I just know, from watching their faces, they really are inspecting the hunt I brought in. My Zoe cat thinks I go shrimmping just for her. Yesterday I made a sphagetti with shrimp. Well, Zoe has got to have at least six shrimp tossed at her or she'll nip my ankles. I love cats, and so happy to read that you do too!
Thanks for the post.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  9:58:38 PM  Show Profile
Okay, it's 12 midnight and I'm reading these posts and I'm laughing out loud. My husband is in the next room in bed. Also I'm laughing so hard tears are in my eyes. I love cats!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Barbara:
I loved your post! Funny thing happen a second ago. I'll share it with you. I was so lonely for my sister who passed away January 11, '07. I had a good cry this morning which is like a cleansing to me. Anyway, I get on the Farmsite and what post do you think I come to? Yours!!!! Another Barbara. Thanks you've made my day, and I am a lot happier.
I am so happy that you were laughing at the posts. I, too, laugh at them. Cats are just so funny. Let me tell you about how crazy (but lovable) my Henry Dragon cat was. He did not like my husband, at all!!!!!!! One night, my husband and I were reading in bed. Well, Mr. Henry Dragon wanted to get next to me, which he couldn't because my hubby was too close. That cat walked on over to the other side of him, lifted his tail, and jumped over him to my side. When he jumped over me, it startled me a bit. I looked over at my husband. There were speakled water drops all over his glasses! I said, "Sweetie, what's that all over your glasses?" As he is taking off his glasses, I realized what the speakled drops were. That man shot out of bed yelling at Henry Dragon. I was too busy laughing to help my cat. Of course, Henry Dragon was in hiding till morning. That cat had sprayed my husband. That is a true story. Hope you enjoyed it.
Marly
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Any Funny Cat Stories to Share Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page