Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 YET ANOTHER WONDERFULLY FUN DAY WITH THE GURLFRENZ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic YET ANOTHER WONDERFULLY FUN DAY WITH THE GURLFRENZ Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  8:24:34 PM  Show Profile
a buncha' TOWNIE gurlfrenz (ha! townie here is STILL in the 'country'!!) picked me up at 8 this morning .. and we all headed to Louisville to visit a wonderful ART CENTER:

it's held in an olde MEAT PACKING plant. i love how they kept the history of plant in tact when building this center. WE are going to have one of these in one of our olde buildings in Greensburg too!

it is HUGE .. and it is owned by ONE MAN! there are lots and lots and lots of small 'studio/shoppes' .. oh and you better belive when ours is finished .. i'll be the first to rent a space for my dolly-making and hanging with creative friends!

of all the creative studios .. my favorite is very BLUE .. it has paint spattered EVERYWHERE .. some paintings .. but mostly on the walls, floors and the ART DESK is a work of art with 3 inch thick paint spattered all over it! We were told that this studio belongs to a young man with an emotional disorder .. his mom and dad rented the space for him so he will have a place to come .. that is all his own .. to create and express his feelings through his art. Everyone there just loves him.

there is a darling eatery called PATTY CAKES .. that i swear .. has the BEST desserts ever to cross over your lips. we had coffee and scones as large as PIE!!! we toured and shopped .. and (the main mission for our trip) met with a fabulously talented water-color artist .. to talk to him about coming to our town for a full WEEK to teach an in-depth course in water color painting! we have the dates already set .. and i am signed up! (now, i usually don't have much patience with 'structured art' .. but am going to give it a 'go'.) (he'll be here end of september through the first week in october. we'll have a three hour class in the morning .. have lunch together .. then a three hour afternoon class .. he will ALSO be teaching a separate three hour evening class .. monday through friday! he is a DELIGHTFUL gentleman!

then we had lunch together in the outside courtyard .. then toured frankfort street in louisville (friend mimi was raised in that area .. so she took us by her home to meet her mom .. and what a sweetie she is!)

oh my gosh, we giggled and gossiped all the way to louisville and back home again.

when the gurlz dropped me off at home .. i invited them in to see the PILES of stuff and our new painted walls .. i even let them peek into the dreaded SCHOOLHOUSE .. (of course, i told them if they looked in there .. i'd have to kill them and feed them to the dogs or bury their bodies in the woods .. so that they couldn't tell anyone else what a mess it was!)

i so hope all ya'll have such wonderful gurlfrenz too.

you are all invited to come visit anytime .. jus' let me know to make sure i am not runnin' the roads! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Across the Fence: Previous Topic YET ANOTHER WONDERFULLY FUN DAY WITH THE GURLFRENZ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page