Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knitting is good for the soul!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting is good for the soul! Next Topic  

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  3:26:30 PM  Show Profile
Yes, it sure is! I am sitting here on my couch with all the windows in the house open to the fresh bright air outside knitting my little heart out while waiting for my bread to rise so I can bake it! Wow, long sentence!I am making some simple potholders for my home.

Speaking of potholders...does anyone have a good pattern for a simple potholder? If so, I would love to get it from you and try it out. I don't usually make potholders which is why I am asking.

Knitting is very relaxing...I pretty much adore it! I just wanted to share my happy moment with all you farmgirls! Have a great day!

Chelsey

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  4:36:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Chelsey:
Knitting is something I cannot do. I have tried, but it's like I have ten thumbs. LOL
I can crochet. I can almost smell that bake bread.
Good luck with the potholders.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  4:45:46 PM  Show Profile
I couldn't agree with you more, Chelsey! Calms me right down. Enjoy your day! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  5:14:06 PM  Show Profile
What kind of potholders do you want to make? Do you crochet too? I have a great crocheted potholder pattern that is perfect to use what's left of the cotton yarn when you knit a dishcloth. Most of the time I find that there's not quite enough to do two dishcloths--which irritates me.

I love to knit.

Marcia

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  6:40:52 PM  Show Profile
Did you ck Knitting Pattern Central for potholder patterns? That's the first place I ck (either KPC or CPC for crochet patterns) when looking for specific patterns.

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/potholders_hotpads.php

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  11:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the replies!

Marcia, unfortnately I do not know how to crochet at the moment. I hope to learn soon! Thanks!

Bonne, No I did not check that site. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Just so everyone knows...the bread turned out amazing and tastes so delicious! Have a great night!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  11:38:29 PM  Show Profile
I love to knit too..it IS so relaxing and good for the soul for sure. I always have a dishcloth going in my "waiting time" bag in the car and then I have a pair of socks going most of the time in the house. I do embroider more than any other crafty thing..but always have a knitting project going too. Have fun!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  01:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
chelsey just cast on the number of stiches you want in a tight stockinette stitch. be sure to use cotton yarn!! if you make it a double thickness and either sew or crochet them together it will make a thicker potholder. very simple but you can fancy it up with alternating knit and purl. heck who needs a pattern for a potholder? *grin* this form the lady who is still using the potholders my mother in law made for me 30 yrs ago lol. let us know how it turns out and save a slice of that bread for each of us! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  06:45:58 AM  Show Profile
I love to knit also...it's my therapy :) There's nothing more relaxing than sitting and knitting. The feel of the yarn, the gentle clacking of the needles, and the satisfaction of having something I can wear when I'm finished with a project. I take my knitting everywhere I go (except church).

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Cheekyredhead
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Christine
Lansdale PA
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  07:15:37 AM  Show Profile
My favorite thing to knit for my soul and my soles are socks!

TTFN
Cheeky
Sister #243

Imagine the view from the top of your dreams

www.getaclew.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  10:46:01 AM  Show Profile
Connie, Thank you very much for your suggestion! That is very helpful and perfect for me since I am not much of a pattern user. I have made many things without the use of a pattern. I am already well on my way with our new potholder...it's a red one to brighten up the kitchen!

Knitting really is very relaxing. I am so happy I know how to do it. I will be teaching my little sister how to knit really soon. She will be my farmerette...because I am a member of the farmgirl sisterhood! I'm still waiting on my packet in the mail...hope it comes soon!

Have a nice day every one!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  3:25:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm headed back to my front porch to finish up my dishcloths for the KAL over in Gathered Up. It's a particularly lovely evening and I just finished watering the garden. Unfortunately, my tendonitis and carpal tunnel act up sometimes and it makes it painful...but I do it anyway!

--I am grateful. I have enough.--
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting is good for the soul! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page