Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  9:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am really enjoying my "after dinner" time. As soon as dinner is over, Nora and I head out into our back yard. She gets to have fun roaming around, usually the little neighbor boy comes over to play with the dogs. I putter in the garden for a while- weeding, watering for the night, seeing what needs repaired or replaced.

Then my neighbor lady comes out and we sit and talk. I have started taking some needle work out. Currently I am working on some tea towels with strawberries on them. They are so cute. I think I will give them to her as a housewarming present. Soon I am going to have to start working on some embroidered pillowcases for the swap I started! Yay!

We sit out and talk. It's so relaxing to sit back after a day of cleaning and playing with Nora and just enjoy the soft breezes and good fun conversation.

What do you do in these sweet summer evenings?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  12:17:27 AM  Show Profile
Alee - your evenings sounds so wonderful and relaxing.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  05:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Alee- What a wonderful way to spend your evenings. It sounds so peaceful and relaxing!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  06:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alee that sounds so nice! I'm quite envious actually, but very happy for you. I wish I had a female friend that lived close enough to come and sit with me in the evenings or even to just drop in for coffee. I mean my husband and I do that sometimes but it's something special to have a female friend to talk with. And watching Nora enjoying the evening as well, that sounds wonderful.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  07:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I really am lucky. I was a bit worried when new people moved in behind us. I had a bad impression of our male neighbor (who turned out to be sweet).

Nora loves to be outside and there are less "No"s outside as well. Sometimes I feel I am constantly saying "NO!" when we are inside- but outside she can get muddy and splash in the water, pull on grass or weeds. About the only thing she can't do is pull up my garden!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  07:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Alee,

I wish we has sweet summer evenings. By 5 o'clock, it is so hot outside, that it really takes your breath away! Our sweet little weather man said to expect 100 on the scale--before heat index and humidity!!!

Autumn is really the time we get to visit around here...getting to go outside is such a blessing, isn't it?

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  08:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Samantha!

My sweet summer evening don't start until about 7:30 or 8pm :D It's hot here, but not nearly as bad since we don't have the humidity that you do! Some evening it is pretty toasty out there but we are lucky our back yard is shaded for the last quarter of a day so it is cooler than out on the street.

Sometimes I take a nice cold shower before going outside. That really helps.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sweet Summer Evenings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page