Printer Friendly
Author Suggestions: Previous Topic New Topic for Blogs Next Topic  

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  6:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey Carol...Since a lot of the farmgirls are starting their own blogs...maybe it would be easy for all the members to post their blog addresses on a special forum topic, and then all the blogs would be in one central location. We could all do our blogging and reading in one spot! Call it Farmgirls Blog!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Judes
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Jude
OH
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  11:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Judes a Yahoo! Message
Slight delay in this response, but...I think that's a great idea (in the 7 days since this post, there may already be one) Anyhow, I recently started a blog and the way that the blog world is interconnected...I am blown away by all of the amazing women out there just being themselves, making things, sharing with each other. Every time I read one blog, I can't help but find out about the other blogs they recommend. I've spent the past 2 evenings, in their entirety, in jaw dropping, drooling awe at this entire world of blogging! So yes, lets start a forum for blogs. :)
Judes
PS am I the only night owl around here? I laugh whenever I post, because the last post before mine is usually before 10 pm...and here I am at 3 am!
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  06:03:05 AM  Show Profile
It's hard to get up in the morning to do chores then regular farm work if you don't go to bed early. When it's 3 a.m. there it's 6 a.m. here. We could be having coffee together. I get up at 4:30 a.m, occasionally 5 a.m. to get started. I need time to wake up with a cup or two of coffee before I go to the barn.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  06:31:57 AM  Show Profile
Boy I wish I were a morning person like that. I drag myself out of bed at 6:40 because I have to...I would love to sleep until 8am every day if I could. I am such a total night owl. That is one thing I would for sure change about me..I would be a morning person. Oh well..not gonna happen at this late date. I was up until 2am...1am is very normal for me..If I am in bed before midnight I think it is so early!!
I am off the blog subject for sure. I am sure enjoying reading all the blogs too..although I don't feel computer literate enough to do one of my own yet..but you never know...maybe someday.

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Judes
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Jude
OH
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  08:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Judes a Yahoo! Message
The trouble with me is that I'm a morning person and a night owl, luckily I am also a napper!

Jenny~blogs are just a tiny bit more complicated than posting on this sight. If you decide to start one, let me know. I'm just starting, but it's pretty easy so far. I love reading other people's. Each one is so unique! I've had trouble finding friends where I live, who are like me. (I've lived here my entire life!) But everyone is moving at such a fast pace. Most of my creative friends have given up their passions over time. No one takes the time to sit, have coffee, listen to each other, encourage each other. I've tried, with no luck, to coordinate a girls crafting night/day/morning where everyone brings a project but they are all "too busy". That's what I love about blogs so much. Reading them is like listening, and it gives me hope to know that there are people like me out there...taking time...sharing....listening....creating... being silly... All the things girls do. Which is also why I love this sight. It is so comforting to know that people really do live life the same way that I do, and that I'm not being unrealistic by refusing to live a hectic disconnected life.

Robin~My husband works till 5 am, so often I'm up till then just by accident. I'd love to have coffee sometime!

Judes
Go to Top of Page
  Suggestions: Previous Topic New Topic for Blogs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page