lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  3:24:37 PM  Show Profile
We are planning our twentieth anniversary trip and plan to fly to Boston and rent a car to drive north. We really want to tour PEI and Nova Scotia. Can't wait to taste the original New England Clam Chowder and see the fall colors next year. Any body got any suggestions of where to go what to see?

http://bumpercrop.blogspot.com/
I was Country before Country was COOL

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  4:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Anne of Green Gables Home, of course!!It was actually the home of some of Lucy Maud Montgomery's cousins I think. Lucky you!! I am jealous. PEI and Mackinaw Island are the two places I really want to go myself.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  5:00:57 PM  Show Profile
I have always wanted to go there myself...neat!!! And congrats on 20 years!!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  5:50:54 PM  Show Profile
Arlene, when are you going? I think I still have several info. booklets from the area I could send to you, Did you know we have a fellow farmgirl on PEI? She'd be a great source for information.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  07:10:36 AM  Show Profile
I understand that whale watching is pretty good there. They are also famous for their wild strawberries but this would be the wrong time of year for that.

Oh How I Envy You! PEI has long been on my list of places I want to go. I've read all of Lucy Maud Montgomery's works and would love to see the island that inspired it all.

Have a wonderful, wonderful time!!!!
Lucinda

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  09:08:07 AM  Show Profile
We're going next year, in the fall. I can't wait. I have been internet searching and found out there are over 50 lighthouses on PEI. We went to the Great Lakes last year and the lighthouses are fabulous. My husband and I had NEVER taken a vacation except camping and Disneyland stuff etc with the kids. Last year we were listening to Tim McGraw sing "Live like you're Dying" and decided it was time. We went for a month, 7000 miles on the car and had an awesome time.
We found out we still enjoy each others company lol. We drove all of the way to Michigan, then flew to New York and saw Manhattan. The only perk to this living situation is not paying rent or mortgage and being able to afford to do some things we otherwise wouldn't.

Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  10:45:17 AM  Show Profile
Kim I would LOVE to have the booklets, let me know and I will send u postage

Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  10:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Diane where is Mackinaw Island?

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  2:09:10 PM  Show Profile
I am jealous! Have a wonderful time and Congrats!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  2:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Arlene, Mackinac Island (I spelled it incorrectly before, it is pronounced Macinaw but spelled Mackinac) is on the Northern tip of Michigan where the two Great Lakes Huron and Michigan meet. It was an island where the Victorians built fabulous huge vacation homes, now preserved, and they allow no cars on the island, only horse drawn carriages.The movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour (sigh) was filmed there. If you can swing thru there on your way to PEI, do! There is an old mammouth Victorian hotel called The Grand Hotel there,it is in the movie too.In the spring there are thousands of lilac bushes blooming...go to www.grandhotel.com you will love it!

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Oct 22 2005 2:34:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Prince Edward Island Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page