Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello from Lake Stevens, Washington!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Lake Stevens, Washington! Next Topic  

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  11:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Hello! My name is Chelsey and I am so excited about this forum! I love to knit and make things with my hands. I am learning to sew and I want to learn to quilt. I love gardening and watching the little seeds grow into wonderful plants! I have a countertop herb garden in my kitchen (not an aerogarden) with thyme, cilantro, sage, and basil and a very large garden on my property with various types of squash, sunflowers, lettuces, broccoli, corn, and onions to name a few.

I am very happy to have picked up the MaryJane's Farm mag one day. This all is really great and it's nice to finally meet some like minded people (I am younger at 20 years old and I don't meet many people with these same interests around my college). My grandmother is teaching me to sew when I visit her in her Idaho home. I will be making another trip there quite soon!

Well, have a fantastic day fellow farm gals!!

Chelsey

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  11:58:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! I forgot to add some more of my favorite interests! Silly me! I love to cook and bake! I absolutely LOVE baking loaves of bread from scratch...my grandpa taught me and it is AMAZING!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  11:59:53 AM  Show Profile
Howdy from Texas Chelsey! It sounds like you are a bonefide farm girl alright! I wish I could knit-I keep hoping I can find someone to teach me how, but so far...well, not yet.
I'm glad you found us and don't worry-you'll fit right in! I can't wait to get to know you better.
~kate

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  12:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Kate! I appreciate the welcome! Have a fabulous day!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  4:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
hi chelsey! welcome from the last frontier! its great to hear that a younger person has such interests! you dont see that often and the crafts of gardening, handwork and such are dying out with the younger generation. keep up the good work. maybe when your friends see the wonderful thigns yo make and taste your wonderful bread it will give them the inspiration to do it themselves! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  4:58:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Chelsey,from Georgia glad your here. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  5:05:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Connie! I appreciate it! I think that these are important interests to have and one thing that I do to "spread the word" to my generation so-to-speak is to knit EVERYWHERE! I knit in class, while I'm waiting for things, on the bus, I even knit while I walk seriously!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  5:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Chelsey from another Georgia Gal! You will love it here. Glad you joined us!
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  7:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
that is awesome chelsey! here in fairbanks we see alot of that, but i remember never seeing or meeting anyone young that was into doing anything by hand! if it wasnt computerized or televsion or movies they had no interest. keep knitting... errrrrr, walking to your own drummer! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lake Stevens Chelsey, I live just up the road from you in Stanwood. Welcome to the forum, it is just great to be able to communicate with wonderful ladies with farmgirl interests. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  7:27:49 PM  Show Profile
Howdy and Welcome from SW Idaho!! This is a great place to be! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  07:24:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Chelsey, Welcome from Arizona. I lived in Kennewick for a while and I really miss Washington. If you like to bake you ought to check out "The Complete Bread Book". It has over 200 traditional recipes from around the world. It's a really good book! You will absolutely love it here! The ladies are wonderful!!
Monica

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  07:26:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Ellensburg, Chelsey! You sound like our kind of gal! Look forward to getting to know you better. I love to bake too!

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  10:14:49 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Welcome from Indiana Chelsey! Its great to see someone your age as a farmgirl! You've got a great start. I wish I had started at your age, but I wasn't sure how to get going. Now I am having a wonderful time catching up!!
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  11:46:35 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Bonney Lake, WA!!!
Let me know if you ever get over this way. We could have a cup of herb tea.
Glad you found us farmgirls!!!

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  9:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Chesey:
I, too, love to make things with my hands. I love to crochet. I have trying to learn to sew for some 30 years!!!! Can't. I tried to sew a dress, and sewed the pockets through and through. Ripping is not for me. LOL
You'll love the Farm site. Such wonderful people.
Have a great day!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  06:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Chelsey! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Lake Stevens, Washington! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page