Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 NEWS from Dahlem's Soapworks...UPDATED! YET AGAIN!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic NEWS from Dahlem's Soapworks...UPDATED! YET AGAIN! Next Topic
Page: of 2

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  04:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I have updated the webpages to reflect price changes and additions to our already HUGE line of soaps! As you all know everything, and I mean everything, is going up, up UP. I havent raised my prices in over 4 years so hopefully this slight increase wont be too painful for all you wonderful, faithful customers. Shipping of ingredients has skyrocketed due to the gas price increases. But even at the new, slightly higher price, Dahlem's Soapworks' soaps are still a very affordable luxury.

One suggestion about holiday buying: If you would like to order gifts to be mailed later and closer to the holidays you may still take advantage of this shipping special. If you pay now on gifts to be mailed in December, I will honor this offer. Gifts to separate addresses must be paid for separately in order to take advantage of this shipping price. Please make any notes of what your recipients card should say or if you have any special instructions about when to mail and any gift wrap requests, either in an email or in the instruction box at paypal. I will confirm all information so these requests go smoothly. If you need gifts for your local friends and family this is a great time to buy! You can order much for a very small shipping cost! And we are happy to customize gift sets for you. Just call or email.

I am still gearing up for my open house November 12 and 13. My husband is scheduled to have lithotripsy on his left kidney on October 28th but has assured me this will not interfere at all! Worst that can happen is that he will be home to help!!! If you are planning to attend please let me know how many you are bringing...want to have plenty of refreshments.

NEW SCENTS: Pumpkin Patch, Raspberry Patch, Winter Forest, Candy Cane, Skin Lovin' Hempseed Oil Soap with Chamomile/Lavender and Skin Lovin' Hempseed Oil Soap with Lemongrass. Dont forget to watch for updates to our gourmet gifts.

Please also note that this time of the year turn around on orders is 5-7 business days. We have been busy bees! Thank you for your continued support and happy shopping!

NEW NEWS! Candles...Cow Candles!!! And the most awesome, whimisical socks you can imagine! Yeah, socks. Just adding things to my website as I find them...sharing a "Few of My Favorite Things" -just go to the catalogue page and you will find links to the candle page as well as the socks!

TEA POTS and new teas are in!!! Check out the http://www.thesoapmaven.com/brews.htmlpage for the new additions!
Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Edited by - TheSoapMaven on Nov 01 2005 05:25:57 AM

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  12:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Susan, I received a wonderfully fragrant soap from Clare yesterday - FarmGirl Clean. It prompted me to place an order. Thank you for the wonderful products.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  6:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
You are very welcome...I am working day and night to get all the orders out. Just know turn around is 5-7 day...and I am keeping to closer to the 5 Ü

Thank you!!!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  8:35:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh I just love your soaps. I have been so pleased with them and my kids say they don't want the yucky store soap anymore, so that's a good thing (ok so I sound like Martha now ). So far the Farmhouse Kitchen, Farmgirl Clean, and Haymeadow are by far my favorites. I'm already planning on ordering for Christmas gifts. Could you describe the scents of Indian Summer and Pumpkin Patch? Thanks and keep up the good work!!!
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  03:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Pumpkin Patch is a delicate blend of spices and sweet. To me... blend of fresh pumpkin, just a touch of spice and a hint of citrus.

Indian Summer is fast becoming a best seller locally. A fruity blend with apple, green fig, Italian bergamot, and lemon. Also hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. And also you detect a faint reminder of the woods in Autumn...is it oakmoss??? It's yummy I know that!

I will be posting more later. I am just so blessed - so many new customers. Thank you all who are sharing about my business with others!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  11:05:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Susan. I will be ordering those as soon as I can for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  07:16:45 AM  Show Profile
Ok, girls, here is what I received on Friday:
Farm Girl Clean Soap and Lotion (my favorite basic)
Pumkin Patch (November babies LOVE punkin')
Country Camomile and Calendula. I also recommend Farm House Kitchen, Crazy Quilt, Counrty Cantelope, and Country Clothesline. The FarmGirl Fresh Lip balm is awesome. I've thrown out all of my other lip balms except my Burts Bees.

I received my 1st issue of the Rose Cottage Gazette and it is wonderful! I highly recommend a subscription.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  09:51:47 AM  Show Profile
I received the most fragrant package in the mail today. And I just love Farmgirls - wouldn't you know it but there was a little something extra in the box that I brewed up this morning. Thankyou Susan. Pumpkin Patch is wonderful - it is sitting in a dish by my kitchen sink and perfuming the whole room. I will definitely be ordering more.

Mary
PS - I brewed the something extra - not the box!
The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James

Edited by - quilt8305 on Oct 30 2005 10:17:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  03:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Oh Thank you Mary! I loves me some Farmgirls too!!! Thank you for being so sweet as to post this. It means a lot to know my customers are pleased!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

mustbeteatime
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Colette
MN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  09:30:11 AM  Show Profile
For the past three mornings I have been sampling a wonderful assortment of tea from Kneadful Things. I highly recommend Susan's tea to all tea-drinking farmgirls! The tea leaves are quality – not tiny bits like bagged tea. I'm also enjoying the lotion bar and lip balm... will try the soap soon. Such wonderful service and quality products have made my day.

Enjoy the good things in life!

Edited by - mustbeteatime on Oct 31 2005 09:31:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  2:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Thank you!!!! Adding tea pots and such this week!!!!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  10:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
A big thanks to you Susan for the fantastic sampler I received. I have the farm hands bar in my kitchen and it is a huge hit with my hubbie who always comes home with concrete all over him! I have put the Wisteria bar in the upstairs bathroom and it is such a treat to use. The scent is so wonderful and soothing. Can't wait to try the rest. I also love the lip balm. I will place an order soon for Christmas gifts. When is a good cut off date to get them in time for gift giving this season?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Nov 08 2005 11:52:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  12:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Thank you!!! You are very sweet to post this! I think the sooner the better on orders. I am getting quite a few already. And I have a special on shipping (see the website) now thru the 15th. But really no later than the first of December if things continue like they are now.

Blessings!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  3:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Susan, I received my order from you today. It smells wonderful. I have not used the soap ( I will to night) but the lip blam is heavenly.

Thank you for your wonderful products.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  10:21:24 PM  Show Profile
I just finished showering with my farmgirl clean soap and I adore it. I washed my face and hair with it....Susan, thank you again for such a beautiful product. Just about everyone on my Christmas list will receive a sample or bar of your soaps (Or something from your catalog.

One of the pleasures I received is that it was from our group. I am going to click on other things that are offered through this forum.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  02:44:24 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Oh Linda you are so welcome! Thank you for letting me know you appreciate my products!

Blessings

Susan

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  06:31:54 AM  Show Profile
I love your labels and packaging Susan!!! I don't drink tea, except herbal, but I am tempted to buy some of your farmgirl tea for a couple friends who do...you will no doubt be getting an order from me pretty soon!!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  1:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I look forward to hearing from you soon Jenny!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  12:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I too will be buying a few sample packs to use as gifts. My idea is to make it a personalized soap basket. I will include a bar of Susan's soap, a hand embroidered wash cloth(with their name in it), a scented candle and all this I will put in either a small basket or tin. Maybe also a bag of tea? or a relaing cd of their favorite music.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  1:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Susan, I received my second shipment....They made a mistake and forwarded the package to Bobby in Lafayette (The change expired Oct 31---Go figure) I am so excited to get my Christmas gifts together and share your wonderful products with my friends. I have to admit....I am having a hard time letting them go...You will be hearing from me again.
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  11:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Susan-
Got the soap today. Thank you! I love the Celestial Light. It truely is heavenly. I have been collecting a variety of baskets and have started embroidering the wash cloths. These will be amazing gifts when I get it all put together. Hope you enjoy a relaxing and wonderful Holiday!
Beth

Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  8:41:15 PM  Show Profile
Susan- I keep driving out to Mary Janes Farm to buy the Blooming Bath Salts- they are my favorite and I have tried, literally hundreds, of bath salts! Can I buy them in Bulk? I am running out of uses for those little containers and I now know that I am addicted.
Your Bathing Farmgirl Friend, Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2005 :  03:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rebekka! I am down for a few weeks. But if you will go sign up for my email loop on my website, you will be kept up to date on when I will be re-opening...Had to restock and have a little holiday fun...AND do taxes and inventory!

Thank you so much for the kind words...Have a wonderful holiday!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

penney
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

penney
leitchfield ky.
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  05:50:37 AM  Show Profile
I can not find the web site to the soap maven can any one help me. I would love to try some of her wonderful soap I've been hearing about. thanks penney

farm girls rule
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  08:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Penny- Susan has retired from soap making, however there are lots of soap makers on the site. I make soap, as does "Queen of Quite Alot" "Naturemaiden" "TheRusticCottage" and I appologize if I am missing some of the others.

Hope that helps!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  08:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee for the mention,

Connie

www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://site.naturemaiden.com/blog1/ (Business Blog)

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/(Personal blog)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Marketplace: Previous Topic NEWS from Dahlem's Soapworks...UPDATED! YET AGAIN! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page