electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  07:11:19 AM  Show Profile
I am so excited, I have just picked almost a quart of raspberries from my very own bushes! When i get two quarts i can make a batch of jam. I am so excited. I have been leaving the hose on the berries for about six hours a day the last couple of weeks. I am lucky to have a really good well so I can just be very generous.

Everything else in my garden looks pretty grisly....it has just been so HOT. I know this is not news to anyone, but the old short term memory thing and being a Mainer makes it hard for me to actually admit this is happening...I consider 50 degrees to be a nice tolerable temp....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  5:21:59 PM  Show Profile
We're going to a friends to pick on tues. Yah!!!! I can already taste raspberry lemonade, r. chocolate cake, etc..... Yummy!!!

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  5:59:37 PM  Show Profile
ooh you lucky ducks, ours are not ready yet. YUM enjoy your jam!!
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  6:04:59 PM  Show Profile
My raspberries are done for the first go round. After a few 100 degree days they sort of dessicated on the vine. Now will wait until mid- to late-September and when it cools down the berries will really be good. Hope to make some freezer jam with them--after most of the seeds are removed.

Picked about 20 pounds of sour cherries courtesy of a local farmer. I froze enough to make about four pies and then instantly made two pies--one for me and one for my helper. What an adventure that was.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  9:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
betty i am so jealous! we cannot get tart cherries fresh or frozen and i am dying for a fresh cherry pie! i have actually sunk so low that i am buying premade pies for hubbys lunch because he wants cherry *sigh* peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4235 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4235 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  10:22:16 AM  Show Profile
My raspberries are just coming on strong. I have picked twice. I also have a catbird giving me the business when I am out there. Darn Bugger. I could fix her and cover them up, but there seems to be plenty so for now I will share.

Michele
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Raspberries!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page