Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 COUNTRY LAWYER .. CITY LIFE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic COUNTRY LAWYER .. CITY LIFE Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  5:58:25 PM  Show Profile
gurlfrenz .. i'm bouncing my way back and forth through MaryJane's OUTPOST book .. re-reading and re-reading some of the chapters and stories. Rebekah's country heart and city living lifestyle reminds me much of my own sweet 'city lawyer' daughter, Wednesday .. who is an environmental attorney with the Attorney General of Ohio's office. (she, of course, is on a three-month 'sabbatical' .. maternity leave .. but is due to return early September).

Wednesday was raised for a good part of her life in the mountains of Colorado .. and then in a wonderful 'forest environment' .. along the Severn River .. just off the Chesapeake Bay in Annapolis, Maryland. She has both city and mountain blood streaming through her veins.

I love that Rebekah is showing her own dear little one the 'out of doors' .. and giggled at her camping experience in their backyard.

And although Wednesday has done camping in Utah's wilderness while in school, now that she has children .. like Rebekah .. she is not comfy with the idea of snakes, mosquitoes and spiders chewin' her little ones! But Rebekah has found the 'country in the city' it seems and is teaching her daughter to dance with the nature her environment offers.

Being a City Girl myself .. i love that that part of our 'girlfriendhood' is not forgotten when it comes to the Country and Farming life .. after all .. it truly is a 'condition of the heart'!

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Across the Fence: Previous Topic COUNTRY LAWYER .. CITY LIFE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page