Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'm back and I'm a new grandma!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm back and I'm a new grandma! Next Topic  

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  2:06:38 PM  Show Profile
Well...actually I'm not a brand new grandma but I have a brand new grandson! My pc crashed before I had time to tell anyone I was going to Iowa to visit my family. My namesake, Sam had his first birthday July 5 and Uriah Benjamin (my son Benjamin's first child was born the very next morning)....1 year and 1 day apart from Sam...Sam is my daughter's son so now they will have each other to play with growing up. Uriah wasn't due until the 14th but I think he wanted to meet me so he came early! I wouldn't have been there had he waited so I was blessed to be able to hold him when he was only 2 hours old! He is healthy and good lookin' just like my son, Benjamin! He was over 7 lbs but still looked mighty tiny to me. How precious they are and after 4 of my own I still can't get over the miracle of it all.
I have missed all of you terribly...wondering what was going on in your lives and how Alee was, Miss Wilma and Gabby, how Miss Wilma's sale went and what Nancy Jo had gotten at the thrift store while I was gone. I have so much catching up to do! I have a new pc but it has been grueling getting it to work and more money than I ever dreamt it could or would cost...oh well...at least I am online again! PTL!!!!
Now that I am home again...I have to/want to get going with my badges, join or start a chapter and I got the Outpost book while I was North and already read it cover to cover AND my new subscription to MJ's came while I was gone! YEA!!! YIPEEE! I missed the t-shirt though so I hope they do that again?!?
If you read this please update me on what y'all have been up to. I feel like I've been gone a year instead of a few weeks!
I will post pictures when I get this pc set up properly....the wireless router is giving me fits so I had to hardwire it to connect to the internet. It's SO GOOD to be home and back online with y'all!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  3:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Sandra the sale was great, much better than any shows I have done this year, I completly emptied two rooms full and sold a lot from the other rooms also, Every one sold good the bad thing is I am left holding a porch full of furniture until Oct. I was really pleased because the antique market is downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I am glad having been in the buiness for 40 years I learned when to let go and when to buy, I have been lucky by having good contacts thru the years.My sewing is still going great, so for awhile I will concentrate on my dolls and animals, if the market goes back up then I might buy again. Gabby was here for our little gathering shes still milking at least for awhile Dooley died, It has really been hard on my husband. She is the kind of friend all of us should have, So any way girl when you make it to Ky I promise you peaches off of my trees

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  5:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you & your sons family! How wonderful it was for you to see your new grandson so early in your visit. I'm sure the little cousins will love playing together at family gatherings.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  6:56:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sandra:
I'm a new member of the Farm Girls. From Louisiana. Congrats on the new baby grandson! Take care. Have a great happy day!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  7:53:09 PM  Show Profile
Sandra I ordered 5 of the shirts so will be glad to share a shirt if you need one

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  10:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sandra,
How exciting! Congrats!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  07:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh..Miss Wilma...I wear a size large and you look pretty petite in your pictures. I will pay you for the shirt and P&H just let me know if you have my size and what the cost is and I will send a check right out. How thoughtful of you! You are such a dear on these boards! If you don't have my size it's okay...I appreciate the thought and your sharing.
I looked at your blog of the sale and boy did that look like fun and great food and company...wish I could have been there! And your gardens are so beautiful and peaceful and PRODUCTIVE!!!
I am decorating this house since I have only lived here 3 years and now I have a resource for things...your shop! The problem is my weakness is furniture..old furniture and shipping would be prohibitive I'm sure....but I will still need decorative accents to gussie up the place so once I get "money ahead" I will be eyeing your shop! Thanks again so much!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  07:10:04 AM  Show Profile
Dawn...where is Homer Glen? I am a born and bred Illinois girl and actually may be moving back to be closer to the grandchildren eventually. I grew up in Northern Illinois in a little town called Hanover near Galena/Dubuque. Thanks for your good wishes! I'm just so blessed they are all healthy and well.

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  07:14:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Rene and welcome Marly! I just started here about a month ago I think and look at me...217 posts and going strong! You will love these boards...they are like the best friends you will ever have and I have learned so much from them and they always make you feel welcome! It's like a great big 'coffee clutch' 24/7!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  08:33:13 AM  Show Profile
Sandra, Homer Glen is 20 miles southwest of Chicago. We are between Lemont and Lockport. Sounds like you were from the western (and most beautiful) part of the state. It would be wonderful if you moved back here to IL, which I think is a truly a great state to live in!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  09:33:10 AM  Show Profile
Yes...I love the midwest and I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the humidity down here but the people are so wonderful and there is something to be said for Southern hospitality! I really just came down to stay a few years and fix up my parents home and then move back. They don't call this the natural state for nothing...it is beautiful here! And the taxes are low which is nice if you are retired which I am. I was actually born in Chicago and then we lived in Roselle a western suburb about 2 hours out during my teen years. Then I lived in Elgin and then Rockford and St. Charles, IL and then in 88 took a job in Iowa and that's where I was for 20 years up until 3 years ago when I moved down here. I guess you always love where you were raised...I heard a saying one time that you should always return to the place of your greatest happiness and for me that would be Hanover where I spent the first 5 years of my life and every summer until I went to college so it's Hanover or Bust for me but it may take a few years! I'll keep you informed!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  11:17:02 AM  Show Profile
Sandra,
Yes a new baby is wonderful, and congrats to you!! And your family. Glad you got the cyber thing under control. It can wear you out when things go wrong with it. Hope you can post pictures soon.I'll be watching.
You asked about that basket of stuff in my first picture today. I think there is a big picture of that in one of the older posts.So sometime when you have a week or so free you can go find it. HA.Or maybe I could be nice and let you know where it is. I'll look too.
NANCY JO
nancy jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  11:59:25 AM  Show Profile
Sandra I used to do and go to the St Charles antique show a lot. I love IL. THAT BLACK DIRT JUST TURNS ME ON.yES i AM PRETTY SURE i WILL HAVE A SHIRT FOR YOU ALL i WANT IS THE COST AND SHIP. I havent got a bill yet but will let you know, is pink okay

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  12:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh Pink is GREAT! I have never owned anything pink but I have heard that it is a color that looks good on everyone and I need all the help I can get ! LOL! Wonderful....I'll wait to hear from you on the total cost. Thanks again SO MUCH! Yes....St. Charles has that famous flea market but it wasn't there when I lived there...darn! My one son lives there and I visited while I was up North....I couldn't afford to live there now...it is REALLY upscale and pricey and they rush around too much for me! LOL!
Nancy...don't worry about it...you have company. I'll be on your blog all week waiting for your return to the thrift store and trying to figure out how to upload pcis and start my own blog! Have a great time this week and be sure and tell us all about it after they're gone.

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  12:26:53 PM  Show Profile
Girl get your thinking and traveling britches on

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  12:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of 'traveling' I had an idea...I'm going to post a world map in my office and put stick pins in where everyone I talk to on this board lives...I have a WORLD of friends since I joined this board!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  1:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Good idea