Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 HomeSafeHome
 Suggestions needed to remove watermarks from sink.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Suggestions needed to remove watermarks from sink. Next Topic  

Cheryl Severeide
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:53:18 PM  Show Profile
We just moved into our farm home.. I cannot get rid of watermarks in the stainless steel sinks in the kitchen. I will try anything.. The faucet section is shinylike new... I want a sparkling sink...

Life situations and circumstances change quickly, often without notice... Take each challenge with a positive attitude.

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  07:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Limeaway. Baking soda paste. Lemon juice. Vinegar. I have an enamel sink, but I would try these. Probably the limeaway last.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  07:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would try baking soda and gently using a SOS pad. It depends on how bad the water stains are. If they are really bad, soak in vinegar over night.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl Severeide
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks friends.. I will try those ...

Life situations and circumstances change quickly, often without notice... Take each challenge with a positive attitude.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  10:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Before Limeaway and if the vinegar and baking soda scrub do not work, I would try Works for tub and shower. You can find it at Dollar General and Wal-Mart. When I can't get watermarks off with vinegar this is what I use. It's also a little safer to use than Limeaway. You should wear gloves with any chemical but definately make sure you wear them with Limeaway. There is a corrosive agent in Limeaway that will eat through your skin.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  11:48:58 AM  Show Profile
Cheryl:
I use Bartender's Keeper, it is like comet. Make a paste, allow paste to remain about 15 minutes, scrub. Great product! I would never go without it.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  4:35:17 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it Barkeeper's Friend? ;)

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  9:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I think I've heard it called both.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  07:10:19 AM  Show Profile
If you use a stainless steel cleanser, take care not to get the cleaner on your shiny new faucet. The black rubber seal around the base of the faucet dissolved a little and stained a brand new shiny faucet at our new church. The person cleaning was using stainless cleaner spray, which was very stinky, and ruined the shine on the chrome. Just a warning, would hate to see your shiny faucet ruined!

You know what makes my stainless steel pans shine like new? Tomatoes. Every time I cook a tomato sauce, the pan comes out shining like new. Maybe a tomato paste would work!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  10:38:02 AM  Show Profile
Sorry Marcia, you are right. I always call it Bartender's Friend. Thanks for that correction, I love the stuff.
Have a great day!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  11:52:33 AM  Show Profile
I love it too.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  11:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Rubbing alcohol will shine a stainless sink, but if it's water deposits from hard water, try hot vinegar. I'm going back to enamel for my sink, too hard to keep stainless clean in this hard water. If I set a pot of water out for dogs in aluminum, it will have white dots around the inside within the day. Barkeepers Friend or Bon Ami are the least abrasive powdered cleansers, but still have to be careful
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Suggestions needed to remove watermarks from sink. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page