Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 County Fairs and Farmgirl Fun
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic County Fairs and Farmgirl Fun Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  08:29:47 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Some of you have asked about "how to find gals for your chapter". With the County Fairs just around the corner - maybe think of having a table ~ take your copy of your MaryJane books and Magazines and sign up sheets. Because you aren't selling -some fairs will let you just be there as information....I had the farm send me some bumper stickers and some membership certs.. and I filled them out when they signed up. I also printed out how they could join the sisterhood... Also printed up some recipes of the chillover and bakeover things that they could take with them....So if your are looking for new chapter memebers, might try this! let us know how you do!

When they sign up - make sure they have a contact person and the name of your chapter... then they can always find you again!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  07:19:48 AM  Show Profile
That's a great idea Rene. You can also probably work with the local Homemakers group. Ours has folks that watch over the exhibits, so that may be a possibility. I serve on the fairboard and they are always looking for new ways to bring agriculture back into the fair.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Great Idea Jessica!

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  1:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Rene this is a great idea! I'm going to chek if I an do thi at my fair...the Evergreen State fair! What fair do you usually go to?

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  4:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Mostly Local... I may be going to the Whitman County Fair, too! I have been to the Evergreen State Fair and it is a great fair....You will have a blast I just know!

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic County Fairs and Farmgirl Fun Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page