Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 A chip off the ol'....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic A chip off the ol'.... Next Topic  

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  10:34:08 PM  Show Profile
.....shin? This may sound weird, but I am totally thinking that my shin got chipped. I had a little run-in with our 500lb steer (or I should say 'HE had a run into ME') about 2 weeks ago and my leg is still swollen and discolored. VERY sensitive and I catch myself with a slight limp. So dumb. From what I have read, there's nothing that can be done (medically speaking)for it, so I am wondering if any of you gals have dealt with something like that before? Anything to help with swelling/ pain (besides the usual IB, which has helped some) or miraculous recoveries?

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  11:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Molly-

If you have access to fresh raw goats milk that might help. I had a friend who's leg was broken and wouldn't heal. The doctors were talking about amputation after 6 months of no healing. She started drinking fresh, raw goat's milk at every meal and her leg was healed in 4 weeks!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2242 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  12:33:34 PM  Show Profile
You might also try a comfrey poultice if the skin isn't broken.

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  11:59:33 PM  Show Profile
I did something like that similar..but this is kind of gross but I was spooning black beans out of a can once and had the lid still on the can and as my hand went around with the spoon the lid sliced right into my knuckle all the way down to the bone..yep..super ouch..well when it sliced it happened to slice a wee chip off the bone..of course I didn't bother with going in for stitches as it was just a cut directly across the knucklwe and not a big deal I didn't think...but..I could actually feel that little sliver of bone sort of "floating" around a wee bit ..it eventually took about a month after the wound was healed for the ache in the bone and all to fade away..the little "chip" eventually faded away too..I guess my body absorbed it or it just went back into place or something..it certainly was achey for a little bit..like a bruise all the time...but it finally did heal.and the ache went away..
I'd say try to "baby" it a little if you can.
It will eventually heal but you may be sore a little.
best of wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  11:33:33 PM  Show Profile
I had a similar experience as Tina...chipped a bone in my finger (right below the knuckle) during a horseback riding accident. It was sore and bruised for ages, and I could feel the chip in there, but eventually it went away. Your body absorbs small things like that in time, but if it doesn't get better, you might have it x-rayed. If it's a larger chip, they may need to remove it. That's what they told me they would have done, if the piece in my finger was larger, anyway...

Hope ya heal soon!!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  3:48:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the good wishes and good ideas. I'll be drinking lots of milk and toughing it out, it sounds like. :)

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  7:07:00 PM  Show Profile
Molly, maybe there isn't anything that a Doc can do, but don't you think you should be sure all is ok? I know, I am a worrywort! It's just the mama in me I guess.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic A chip off the ol'.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page