deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  6:35:18 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to share my most amazing day. Today was my day off, and I slept in... after pulling myself away from my pillow I went out to feed my "girls": Mocha, Ruby, Lucy, Reba, Lola, Graciela, Velma, Melanie, Azulean, and Fifi. These are my chickens. I am obsessed with them. I have breeds that lay several different eggs, from white to brown to blue and green. Fifi will lay a pink-ish brown one. I went to the coop and they all were so happy to see me tht they were "humming". Today was a big day, I put up their new roosts. After completing my roost projectr I stood back to watch them sort things out. Azulean, my Blue Andalusian, is a very curious type and was first up the ladder and onto the roost. Then followed by Velma. They loved it! As an added treat, I gave them calendula flowers and fresh grass.
form there I started laundry. The thing is, I love laundry. I love it even better with blue skies and a warm breeze to dry it by. There is not better exfoliation than a sun dried towel! Pure bliss. I quickly grabbed a book, an ice tea and a lawn chair to sit in the middle of my freshly hung laundry and started to read....then I noticed that I have tomatoes coming on! So I started to meander around the garden looking at this and that, scrutinizing growth and what has been lost with all the rian we've had here in Ohio, and LORDY! Do I have zucchinni's out the wazoo. So I picked a few and went inside to make some bread.
After the bread, I thought I might take a walk down by the creek, since it IS such a glorious day....
Here it is, about 9pm and I've not ate anything yet because I've tried to finish laundry, read a book and pick fruits from my garden and play with chickens! Phew! But what an amazing day!

harvest farm & market web site coming soon

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  6:42:51 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it just the most amazing life?
~kate

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  7:56:46 PM  Show Profile
I am sooo jealous. That life I am pining away for is only 6 months or a year away, and every day I get more and more anxious to start it!! I am so happy how many of you have the lives you love :) Not everyone is so lucky...

"The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas More

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  05:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Well, I have to admit, I WAS being alittle sracastic towards the end. I NEVER get anything done becasue I'm so scatterbrained and I get distracted easily! My husband laughs at me all the the becuase I'll be hangin laundry and then I'll see something and leave the basket in the yard, or cut flowers in the garage becuse just then I decided to take something out of the freezer for dinner....Sigh. All in all, it IS good. Life is what you make it. I hated living here for the longest time... (so far away from my family) but I have finally decided to give it the old high school try and last year I decided that I need to make it enjoyable because I am here for a long time. Whitney, you too will have all you love and pine for...its in your heart.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  05:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dawn-

It does sound like it was an amazing day! I am the same way! I will have a dozen projects started and I am lucky if any of them get finished!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  11:02:56 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, that sounded like a great day! I enjoy simple pleasures like that and I'm also easily distracted too. I find half finished jobs all over the place where I start something but something else catches my eye that I think I have to do. I love the names you've picked for your family fowl members. I bet they are sweeties.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  9:37:39 PM  Show Profile
hmmmmm, do you suppose it is just being a farmgirl?! I was giggling by the time I finished reading about your day and remembering when I have done the same thing!!! I am so fortunate to be working from home right now and find myself getting distracted by all I want to get done outside, that I am usually up until late getting my "job" done!! Thanks for sharing!! (I agree with the laundry! Nothing like drying the clothes outside!)

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  06:46:15 AM  Show Profile
Sounds perfect. I wish I could see your chickens investigating their new roost...Carry on, farmgirl....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  07:11:18 AM  Show Profile
Most days are amazing: too often we get caught up in the nonsense of outside influences. would love to hear about your amazing day! I try to really look at the world through rose colored glasses. I know its not the most sensible way to go through life, but it makes me happier on the inside to know I've tried to see the best in everyone and everything!

Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  12:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Wow! That really does sound simply amazing! I love it! I hope you have another day like that very soon (actually I hope we all do)!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  07:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Dawn, I was just browsing through this forum to see what I wrote when I introduced myself (I'm not really as conceited as that sounds). Anyways, I saw the "most amazing day" title and thought "Is that the one I read when I was browsing early on?" IT IS! I love what you wrote. I've thought of it often as that sounds like my version of a perfect day - and hopefully will be after we get our chicks next spring. It's so cool to know that I felt a connection to you before we even "met". Love ya, girl!

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic The most Amazing Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page