Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Wow! A new teardrop camper costs.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wow! A new teardrop camper costs..... Next Topic  

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Well, these START at 20k, or that's what my dh says. He picked up this brochure from the RV place close to his animal shelter.

The company is based in Goshen, IN. Here's the web address:
www.tab-rv.com.
At that price, it's not gonna happen for me. It's a good thing I'm happy with our old tin can. I'd go for a fixer upper little one. And that's for sure the only one I could afford!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:08:05 AM  Show Profile
Wow! But LOOK AT IT!!! I love it, Janice...if we didn't have a dog as big as the camper, I'd move in in a heartbeat!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:08:29 AM  Show Profile
That is about the cutest thing I've ever seen, but that is a bit pricey isn't it? Well, maybe someday! Never say Never, right?

Farmgirl Sister #138
http://www.LilBitCrunchy.blogspot.com

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows and poop out butterflies." -Horton Hears a Who
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Actually, Emme, I could pretty much say 'never'. I think I'm fundamentally way too frugal to spend a ton on something like that when I could find a cute 'fixer upper' and we could work on it ourselves. In plain language, I'm just too darn cheap!!! LOL!!! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:41:08 AM  Show Profile
I am more the cute fixer upper type of a gal too.
Since I drive a 10 year old mini van I sure couldn't justify THAT cost...cute though. The inside isn't my taste, but the outside is adorable!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:47:16 AM  Show Profile
I would guess the older ones are made better, too, with stronger wood cabinets, and better quality construction.

Sure is cute, though, ain't it?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 10 2008 08:47:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile
It's very cute both inside and out. I agree that a new one won't ever be in my budget by choice...especially with gas prices I don't see myself hauling to places far and wide to camp and if I go to the hills around here always haul the horses and a tent.

That said...I did see an older trailer in someone's yard today and am thinking of stopping to see if they'd like to sell it...it's not a "super cute" variety but it's small and definitely vintage and if I could get a fixer upper for cheap, I'd sure jump on it and could justify a bit of gas to travel with it.

Thanks for sharing the photo--don't you just love that a camp trailer has a TV!! Cracks me up what people want in a camper nowadays. Where I camp there's definitely no TV reception!!!

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:05:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I'm with y'all on getting a fixer upper too. Its just fun to dream! Anyway, we won't be getting a cute tiny trailer anytime soon with our 4 kids still so small (ages 2-8). If anything we'll get a pop up type. This weekend, we're going camping with just a tent! Imagine that!

Farmgirl Sister #138
http://www.LilBitCrunchy.blogspot.com

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows and poop out butterflies." -Horton Hears a Who
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:45:56 AM  Show Profile
The upholstery would make me crazy...anyone else think it's a bit overwhelming?
I would imagine with the economy/gas situation, many are thinking smaller instead of bigger. I see a lot of motor homes for sale.
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:50:20 AM  Show Profile
My hubby is 6'4. He'd have to crawl into it! But I sure think it's cute!

Caron

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow"

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  11:18:47 AM  Show Profile
I WOULD LOVE ONE TO PLAY HOUSE IN, BUT ABOUT ALL I CAN AFORD AFTER PAYING FOR THIS NEW DRIVEWAY IS A RADIO FLYER WAGON, RED OF COURSE. GUESS I COULD PUT A QUILT IN IT.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  11:43:50 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Bee Haven

Well, these START at 20k, or that's what my dh says. He picked up this brochure from the RV place close to his animal shelter.

The company is based in Goshen, IN. Here's the web address:
www.tab-rv.com.
At that price, it's not gonna happen for me. It's a good thing I'm happy with our old tin can. I'd go for a fixer upper little one. And that's for sure the only one I could afford!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'

Actually I think the true teardrops don't have the kitchen on the inside. They have the bed on the inside and the kitchen off the back. And I think you can make them. We watched a show on them and they are awesome and some people have made them and they added showers as an extension and a potty! I think they are pretty cool.

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  11:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You're right, AngiKay. On the back of this brochure, they do show some with the kitchen in the back.

Ronna - I hate all the upholstery examples they show in the brochure. It's so sixties - just one more reason why we need to fix them up ourselves.

Nancy Jo - I have a red wooden wagon with slatted sides you can have(shipping would be a killer, though). And with slatted sides, Jack and Dave wouldn't have to worry about falling out. They'd have to hold onto their hats, though.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  11:58:03 AM  Show Profile
it is Adorable though..

I've seen a few a couple RV Shows here & they are So sweet inside too..
teentsy though for sure.. & the storage was a bit scary i though..
Not sure what us pack rats would do..!

I mean.. what would we do on our outings girls..?
Rent something to pull behind THAT too..? a little U-Haul

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  12:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I know, Kathie. The thing I've been painting has about enough room to get by on fairly comfortably. But it's so darn big, it would be like pulling a small house behind you! It was a hoot for us to get it out to the farm. I rode inside and the joint was jumping for sure. It reminded me of the Lucille Ball movie "The Long, Long Trailer" -LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  12:28:57 PM  Show Profile
OMG..! LOOK How Teeny! The bears would just be able to Grab the Hitch while you were asleep & take off with you & save ya for later!!!

http://www.golittleguy.com

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  2:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I think those are even smaller, Kathie. And yes, Jack and Dave could just haul Nancy Jo with them if they ever decided to run away from home! ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wow! A new teardrop camper costs..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page