Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  11:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I went out and wired the plastic to my green house and then Nora, Sky-dog and I got my 6 strawberry plants into the ground. They have been producing some runty strawberries but were very over crowded in their pot. The strawberries had gotten root bound so I think it will take a week or two for them to recover, but once they realize that they have room to expand in, I think they will really take off.

The floor of the greenhouse is really convenient to use as a planting guide! I planted one plant per square, then skipped a square and planted in the next one over. That way they have room to grow and as they start to send out runners I can fill in the row a bit. I am really looking forward to getting some other plants and I am letting the weed barrier kill the grass as we speak. Some nice tomatoes or maybe a bush or two of beans would be perfect.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  3:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Oh I want a greenhouse sooooo bad!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  4:12:33 PM  Show Profile
I want to see!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  7:43:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Alee, a greenhouse! I'm with Lisa -- I want to see! Did you build it yourself from a kit, or was the skeleton there already? Sorry if you've talked about all this before. I've been out of the loop lately.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  9:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug and I put it up using supplies I won at the raffle at MaryJane's Paydirt Farm School on how to build a greenhouse for around $100. The instructions are in the newest magazine.

I'll get pictures tomorrow but I must warn you- due to a pathetic lack of tools, the front and back aren't completely built yet.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  08:03:07 AM  Show Profile
Alee, that's pretty exciting! Is there a post somewhere about your experiences at the Pay Dirt School that I managed to miss? I'd love to hear all the...um...dirt! :-) And I must put the new magazine on my gotta-have-it list.
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic They're In! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page