Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Chapter joining questions....or maybe starting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Chapter joining questions....or maybe starting Next Topic  

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  7:51:16 PM  Show Profile
I'm curious about joining an existing chapter because I can't have people at my house until my bathroom is remodeled. Really, the bathroom is scary, even my 15 year old son notices. The remodel will happen in September some time, but in the meantime. How do I find out if there is a chapter I could join. I think there are some existing on-line chapters but I don't know if they are taking new members....I guess I could start one....
Any help would be appreciated
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  9:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Amy,
Summer is the perfect time to start a chapter in your community as you can meet at the park or library etc... it wouldnt have to be in your own home... you might even be surprised that others will come forward and offer their home and garden too... There are some on-line chapters... find one that you may be interrested in and just click on the "name" of the gal and e-mail her...Maybe we should start a topic... on-line chapter roll call....So we can get them in one place to help you choose.....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  7:09:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Rene' I appreciate the info and encouragement and also your starting the roll call. Hopefully it will help others out too
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  7:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy Grace-

I agree- Starting a chapter is sometimes less scary if you meet in a public place if you are inviting people that you have never met. And the hen houses are a great way to start and not even need a location!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  7:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee - I am sort of confused though, are all the chapters in the henhouse? It doesn't seem like there are that many there, also, I am a "sister" but I can't log in to the henhouse, do you have to be in an actual chapter to do that?

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  8:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Amy... Not all chapters are in the Henhouse (YET)... You have to be in the sisterhood to log into the Henhouse ( which you are) then contact the leader of whatever house you want to be added to and let them know.... You can belong to more then one Henhouse!

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  9:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Amy Grace-

The Henhouse recently got hacked (seriously- who would want to hack us Farmgirls?!) and the Henhouse is still being rebuilt from their destruction. I can't post to the hen houses right now either, but I know Gabe the tech guru at the farm is working really hard on getting them back online for us!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  4:10:13 PM  Show Profile
Ah yes, the hacking, I knew about it but somehow when it comes to using computers I always assume that either a. somehow I have screwed up, or b. there is a conspiracy against me personally by my computer and all other machinery to keep me from accomplishing things that I want to do
Thanks
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Jul 11 2008 4:10:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  5:50:32 PM  Show Profile
:) I vote for b. in my case. Amy, I'd love to be in a chapter with you. I need to stop procrastinating and give you a call so we can chat over lemonaid. I'll try to call you Wed. when I get back from camping.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  5:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Michelle,
I would love to start a Rosalia area chapter with you - do give me a call although we are going camping Thursday and this week is shaping up to be just as crazy as the summer has been - we had to buy a car, put an engine in the VW, etc. etc. Next week things should calm down though. Where are you going camping?
By the way, did you buy all those nice vintage all-cotton sheets at the Grannies shop for the bloomer project?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

iloveprims
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

TRACY
Phillipsburg NJ
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  12:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Send iloveprims a Yahoo! Message
How do I join a Pennsylvania chapter if there is one? TIA!

http://wantingtobeme.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  4:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You can search for a hometown chapter here: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Chapters/Search.asp

And you can start a new chapter if there isn't one by clicking here: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Chapters/Join.asp

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  3:13:43 PM  Show Profile
Amy, your week sounds like mine! I went camping above Bonners Ferry. Very relaxing, plus I got to visit the colt I just purchased. Whee! Keeping a close eye on him, as he has some health issues they are working closely with the vet to iron out. Might end up lame, I sure hope not, but they are trying everything they can and it seems to be straightening him out. If he does wind up lame, they won't hold me to our contract. But how sad it would be for him! And me! Reminds me a bit of Forrest Gump. They've got him in special plastic shoes because his back legs are toed out and his tendons didn't develop correctly in the womb. They keep assuring me he'll be okay and that it's common and fixable until his 2 mo. birthday...July 25, when the bones will start hardening up. So all I can do is hope.

I'll give you a call. I'm planning a huckleberry expedition up the St. Joe some time soon, maybe next week, but we will have to get together and make this a fun Rosalia chapter. Next week there WILL be a day!

No, it wasn't me who nabbed the sheets, though I did let some darling ones with great big ol' sunny yellow flowers stay on the shelf (they've since disappeared). I'm waiting to get the magazine so I can check how much yardage I need, and I'm holding out for something thick enough (maybe a tablecloth or curtains) that I could wear them around without being too revealing.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:16:00 PM  Show Profile
Michelle - next week or so sounds good. I love going up the St. Joe, we usually go in June but the river was too high for fishing this year.
I didn't know you were a horse person, I always wanted to be but grew up in the suburbs, my cousin had horses though
Talk to you soon
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile
Amy, we NEED to get together! Sounds like we have all sorts of things in common. Summer will be busy preparing for horse-arrival in the fall. But there will be time, and if you want to enjoy horses, I'll enjoy the company. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  5:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Michelle - I agree, we do need to get together. Summer is busy here too, why is that, it seems like that should be when we have the most time. Where will you keep your horse?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  10:41:53 AM  Show Profile
We have 30+ acres outside of Malden. We've been pretty busy lately getting part of it ready for horses. About half of it is farmed ground, which leaves me half to play in. :) Dream goal is to build a home there and eventually move, selling the house in town.

What are you doing this afternoon? We're off to the farm to pick some gone-wild cherries, but I have some time this afternoon if you would like to come by for fresh cherries (small, but fun to eat), lemonade, and planning a chapter. I guess I'm phone-phobic. I'll stop by on our way back and see if you're home/what your plans are. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  1:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls, I am in the area and headed to Rosalia for a meeting this evening.... If I can be of any help please let me know... Sounds like you're well on your way to getting a chapter going! Great job!

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  1:53:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Michelle,
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not a phone person!!
Rene, what brings you to Rosalia?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  5:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Amy, I called the number listed in the phone book and left a message for you. I'm home waiting for a call back on some hay. It would be just great if the three of us could get together this evening for cherries, lemonade, and farmgirl chatting! I'll send you both my phone number / address via e-mail.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  4:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Amy and Michelle,
I will be hosting a MaryJanesFarm booth at the "shop Local" fair here in Moscow this Sat 5-8 p.m. If ya want, drive on over :)

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  7:40:53 PM  Show Profile
OH, Rene' that sounds just great! I will try, but I'm not sure I'll make it this weekend. I'm going to be an extra in a film that starts tomorrow (not sure what hours that will entail until a morning meeting), the bluegrass festival tomorrow in Palouse is a must-see, and there's a get together for a club DH belongs to that we've been planning on going to for a few months. (Did I mention we're missing out on a wedding in Montana?) Boy, when it rains it pours. Too be blessed with so many options! I certainly hope to catch up with you another time. Gosh, I'd love to learn some great connections/sources at that fair. Have a good time, and if I can swing by I'll look you up. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  11:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Michelle,
HA, sounds like you need one more thing to do (LOL)....

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  09:34:46 AM  Show Profile
I always need one more thing to do! :) I go a bit stir crazy on a "free day". I'm very excited that Amy and I are going to get together this afternoon for a great visit and start planning a chapter amid the chatting and nibbling. Whee!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle- And there are always Blackberries to go pick at that spot I showed you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  7:52:34 PM  Show Profile
Alee, that was such a good outing! I've checked my currants, and they are bug free this year. Who knows, maybe the long winter we had did them in, or maybe last year was odd somehow to cause them in the first place. Anyway, I selfishly wish you were still here so we could pick things together. That was lots of fun. And I am so happy that you are building your dream that I just smile and remember the nice visits we had. Maybe I can send you some currant jam or dried currants?

Well, Amy and I are our way to starting a chapter. It was SO good to have some great conversation. The time melted away before we got down to the business of chapter planning. Ooops. So we're planning the next meeting and some business time. With cheesecake and raspberry sauce. Mmmm. This could be the start of something really fun!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Chapter joining questions....or maybe starting Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page