Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  11:18:10 PM  Show Profile
My move is fast approaching. In exactly 31 hours, I will be uprooting from the life I know and have become comfortable with, to move someplace where I don't know a soul. I'm doing this without much more than just crazy love and dreams to see me through. And heck yeah, I'm scared! It's going to be a good change, though, I hope, so I'm pressing forward....trying to ignore the unsettled, freaked out emotions that come along with this. Which I'm managing alright until....

My bf was talking to me tonight, and asked what I thought of being student missionaries...going to Guam or the Phillipines during the time he's pursuing his degree. A year is the typical duration of the trips his friends have been on...

And it totally tipped me over the edge... at this point, this moment, all I want is to feel some security, and moving far far away does NOT offer that feeling. I'm having to be self reliant and strong, and step WAAAAY out of my comfort zone. I just want it to be over and to get settled and make friends and feel at HOME.

Thinking of uprooting again and doing something so drastic is NOT something I want to be thinking about right now!!! I feel SO overwhelmed just considering it!! I told him to ask me again in a couple years. LOL *sigh*

This is something that is really important to him. Me?? I'd be 100% content settling down and being a little homemaker my entire life. Take me on a trip here and there, sure...but disrupt my routine and haul me over to a foreign country for a year?? WHAT am I supposed to do with my house, my job, etc for a YEAR??? I'd practically have to start all over again when we got back!

I feel like Beth in Little Women... 'why must we all leave home', quiet little life kind of thing, when everyone else is running around the world... But I suppose if I wasn't in the middle of uprooting the way it was, I might be able to have a better spirit of adventure at the thought of it all.

WHY can't life be slower... *sigh*

And that's that. I've rambled on enough, and I actually feel quite improved after doing so. Sorry for dumping it here, but I think I can go to sleep a little better now...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  07:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jodi~
My guess is it may all look different even on the other side of this move....You will love WW and the people... check out Klickers, and Andy's Market and then go out to meet Kim Wybenga at Wybenga farms (dairy).In no time you will feel right at home.....Sending Hugs your way... wow 31 hours... (well less now)...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  07:43:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jodi-

I totally sympathize. Big moves have a way of unhinging securities and comfort zones! Just take it a step at a time. Get through this move, settle and feel comfortable. But keep an open mind if it is really that important to your BF and if he is that important to you. I know several people who have done that kind of trip and loved it, but I think one move at a time is more than enough for anyone!!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  08:04:27 AM  Show Profile
If I were you, I would take a deep breath and try to focus on the immediate new phase of your life. Goodness knows, moving to a new area and making a home for yourself is very stressful and adding a major life change could prove just a bit too much.
Sometimes I think that we feel pressured into doing something we are not really ready for because it involves someone we love. Wait a little bit, and if you still feel that this is not the right thing for you to do, then don't do it. Running off to Guam is not exactly something you want to jump into if your heart is not in it, no matter how worthy the cause. IF you think you can handle it, then go for it!! Trust your inner voice. It's there for a reason.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Soooo many things sometimes. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page