Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How to find a vintage trailer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How to find a vintage trailer Next Topic
Page: of 2

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  2:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey miss Lorri of N.E. Texas,,,,maryjane lee is sister #595, Jenn- la petite farmgirl is #983 & I am #472, greetings from our corner of the neighborhood.
MJ & I just attended the Ponderosas Sister Stampede over in McCall ID. We even had 2 Texas sisters at the get together...
Are you going to attend the 09' California Dreaming Giddy-up?

Em as for 'finding' that little canned ham,,,don't be intimidated, while out driving, if you see one parked, leave a note on it just asking if it is for sale & if so to please give you a call & leave a ph# you can be reached at. Ya never know when your timing is just right. Keep in mind that the majority of vintage trailers have 'issues'....if you are handy or have a handyman at your becon call & don't mind a challenge then go for it. If not I would suggest buying from a reputable seller or vintage restoration shop, but keep in mind, you get what you pay for. ANd you'll always find quirks, goodness knows everytime I take "Twinkie" out, something happens...but it's all part of living w/an old trailer. Have fun in your search.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  5:16:55 PM  Show Profile
I always pictured restoring a vintage sheepherder's wagon and putting it in a little grove of aspen in my back pasture. It would be my private girls only retreat. But maybe I should look into a vintage camper instead. Food for thought. Think I'll start driving a few back roads and side streets. Maybe I'll strike gold.
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

the vintage housewife
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

cat
menifee ca
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  09:37:59 AM  Show Profile
OOH WEEE! SWEET LADIES I LOVE ALL YOUR TRAILER-ITE COMMENTS SO I HAD TO JOIN...I'M CAT AND I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST 1953' FIELD & STREAM TRAILER...SHE IS SOOSOOOO CUTE...I AM WORKIN' DAY AND NIGHT TO GET THIS CUTE AS A CUPCAKE LIL' DARLIN OUT AND ABOUT!

THIS IS SO COOL LADIES...YOU GALS ROCK!!!! SWING ON OVER TO MY PLACE AND CHECK THE LIL' 53 OUT AND MY 53 FORD LUCY THAT WILL PULL HER ALL AROUND TOWN! THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO ON THIS WEBSITE...LOVE IT...

CAT~

THEVINTAGEHOUSEWIFE.BLOGSPOT.COM

thevintagehousewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  10:03:17 AM  Show Profile
Two weeks ago Alee and I went to Laramie, Wyoming to visit my parents. My Dad got hurt fourth of July weekend and we needed to go see how he was doing. Friday evening we are making the turn in Shoshoni(a tiny speckinthe road town) and we see the cutest little red and white trailer. We debated whether to stop to see if it was for sale but it was getting dark and we were a little uneasy about knocking on someone's door late in the evening.
On the way home Sunday, we couldn't stand it. It doesn't hurt to ask - right. So I pull up to the mobile home and Alee knocks on the door after getting past a very noisy but harmless "guard dog". A man comes to the door and it is obvious he is in the middle of cleaning a bunch of fish he just caught. Alee asks about the little trailer and he says he'll get the keys and show it to us. Yeah maybe we're in luck. Then he turns and asks his wife if she wants to sell the trailer and she says...........No!
The ONE time I want a man to not listen to his wife and what does he do. Oh well it was a fun adventure. Sage :)

Farmgirl sister #140
www.heritagedesigns.etsy.com

Edited by - Sage on Jul 30 2008 10:05:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  10:15:45 AM  Show Profile
LOL Sage! Keep on trying! Welcome Cat!!!!!!! I am so thrilled you joined! We must get our trailers together to meet!!!!!! xo

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  10:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL- That was fun. Mom and I always have great adventures together. I about turned around and headed back to the car when this HUGE Coon houng/german shorthair pointer mix comes barreling up to the gate. He was waging his tail so I cautiously let him smell me through the gate. He seemed friendly so I cautiously opened the gate and sure enough- he was a sweetie. Love his ears being scratched. Too bad on the trailer too! It was a sweet little trailer. I think it was one of the "Jewel" series!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  10:29:07 AM  Show Profile
Alee you are braver than me with the dog! When a gal wants to buy a trailer she will go to all lengths to get one! LOL! My trailer is a "1957 Jewel" and it is a jewel! xo

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  11:42:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
MaryJane- I am pretty good with animals. I have been around them my whole life. They are major passion of mine. Only rarely have I ever misread an animal's body language, but I do take approaching a barking dog slowly, but with confidence. A dog that is normally friendly can often be more protective is the approaching person acts afraid or submissive.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

the vintage housewife
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

cat
menifee ca
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  12:35:49 PM  Show Profile
HELLO SWEET MARYJANE!!! WOOOO WEEEEE THIS IS SO MUCH FUN READIN' ALL YOUR FUN COMMENTS ABOUT TRAILERS...I SPENT ALLLLLLLLLL DAY PAINTING THE LIL' 53 YESTERDAY...OOOOH HONEY I THINK I'M STILL PEELIN' PAINT OUT OF MY HAIR...JOYCE IS SOOOO SOOOO SWEET ISN'T SHE?!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU AND YOUR JEWEL...BLESSINGS CAT

Go to Top of Page

gracieinhollow
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

wilma
mchenry KENTUCKY
USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  5:39:43 PM  Show Profile
AUNT EM , I KNOW WHERE TWO ARE BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT FOR THEM, COULD SEND YOU A PICTURE THSI WEEKEND , THEY ARE ON THE WAY TO THE SHOP. www.doubledoorantiques.etsy.com www.vintagecabinet.etsy.com www.picturetrail.com/doubledoor
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  8:24:20 PM  Show Profile
Wilma, I'm in Washington state, so I probably can't take advantage of the ones you know about...but maybe some of the Kentucky ladies could come take a look! Thanks for keeping your eyes out for me though! :)

Farmgirl Sister #138
http://www.LilBitCrunchy.blogspot.com

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows and poop out butterflies." -Horton Hears a Who

Edited by - Aunt Em on Jul 30 2008 8:27:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

gracieinhollow
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

wilma
mchenry KENTUCKY
USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  8:31:46 PM  Show Profile
IT WOULD GIVE YOU GOOD EXCUSE TO COME TO OUR GREAT NECK OF THE WOODS!!!!!!! WILMA
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlof4
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Angela
Canyon Country California
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  8:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlof4 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies I have been reading all your emails and I have to tell you when msjocee and I looked through the Sisters of the FLy vintage trailers we fell in love and I WANT ONE!! There is hope my husband does alot of vintage car trading on his VW and has restored several. He said he will be able to find me the one I want, I want to restore it and make it mine and add the farmgirl touches. So I promise to give you all the leads and websites he comes across...he has put the word out with his contacts...so ladies those of us farmgirls that are not sisters of the Fly can have some fun!!!

.....always a farmgirl at heart!
Go to Top of Page

the vintage housewife
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

cat
menifee ca
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  9:11:58 PM  Show Profile
hey sassy fly ladies...i just registered to become one of you... sweet lil' darlins...does it ever scare you to travel pullin your cute as a cupcake lil' trailers without all your big daddy's ? i usually travel with daddy-o...so hold on this is gonna be an adventure...woooo wwwweeeeeee! and sssssssscccccccaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy! cat^..^

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  10:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cat,
I have never allowed myself to not go for the "Gold", I love a challenge,(towing my trailer w/o hubby dearest),,but I will say this, on my last trip, as MaryJane Lee can tell you, she rode Shot gun, it was quit hair raising,,, as my brakes were acting up and the trailer kept "hopping" when ever I used my brakes, so we pulled into a tire/brake shop along the way, very nice employees and great service, got things all squared away and we were back on the road,,,,only to have the lock on the trailer door come off, so we had to tie the door secure,,,,but that wasn't the worst part of the trip, turns out, I forgot my tooth brush & neither MaryJane or I had bath towels,,oh horrors! lol!
But once we got camp set up the rest of the trip was fun....yes even the long walks (w/teeny tiny flashlights) was fun. Oh, & MaryJane & I are still not sure if we were woken by a little earthquake/tremor or a bear scratching upside the trailer or some of the other gals were messing with us... "Girls just wanna have fun".
Tooka peek @ UR blog, Totally Kool!
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  07:18:21 AM  Show Profile
Emme
Have you tried Craigslist.com? A friend got me hooked this summer and I enjoy browsing. Under RVS there are many older trailers across the state but there are some cute one in the Portland/Vancouver area right now. Sometimes I wish we were closer to the coast. Good luck and I hope your find a "gem"!
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22

Edited by - EagleNest on Aug 01 2008 07:23:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

the vintage housewife
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

cat
menifee ca
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  07:23:04 AM  Show Profile
THANKS SO VERY MUCH KATMOM...HHEEE HHHEEEEEE I AM TOTALLY ROLLIN' READING YOUR ADVENTURE...

I FEEL LIKE I AM WATCHING A LUCY AND ETHEL EPISODE CALLED THE" SISTERS ON THE FLY #472" HEEE HEEE HA HA! I LOVE YOUR BLOG AS WELL AND LOVE THE WAY YOU WRITE...YOU ARE SO FUNNY!

I LOVE TO TRY NEW THINGS AND I AM JUST SO EXCITED TO HANG OUT WITH LADIES WHO LOVE THINGS THAT I DO!!! WHAT FUN YOU GALS HAVE.... THANKS CAT^..^

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  9:34:04 PM  Show Profile
het Cat,
go over to "Outpost" and scroll down to amyartgirl's "Trailer Campout"....
go on, don't dwaddle, go take a peek,,,,,
giggles!
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How to find a vintage trailer Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page