Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2008 :  5:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So the other day I realized the cord to my ceiling fan light was broken. You know, so you can leave the fan running but turn the light off? So I thought: Gee I'll just unscrew the lightbulb until it blinks off and then I can have the fan but I won't be using the electricity for the bulb and the dimmer room makes you think it's slightly cooler in the house... good idea, right? WRONG

Tonight we just barely had put Nora in her room for bed. Like maybe 2 minutes when CRASH! We look over and there is our nice light bulb broken on the floor! Glass and that white powder were everywhere!

So here is my tip: Fix the chain if you want your light off! LOL I guess the vibration from the fan spinning unscrews the lightbulb if it isn't completely secure!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2008 :  6:46:33 PM  Show Profile
alee regardless of wether or not there was a lightbulb in there if the switch was in the on position the same amount of electricity was travelling through. You actually have to turn it off to get any benefit.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  7:54:29 PM  Show Profile
wow! that had to be a little scary. Im always terrified Ill light something on fire when it comes to anything electric. :P So, its sitting in the sunshine during the day and little lampshade type lamps at night. Hope everything was an easy cleanup and y'all are okay.
hugs Jess

Farmgirl Sister #235

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Ceiling Fan Tips #2 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page