SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  7:23:28 PM  Show Profile
I love having my gardens. I love seeing things grow!! growing veggies and flowers, I'm still pretty new to this, second year with a garden (other than just tomatoes). When I plant the garden, I think of all the canning and freezing I'll be doing and all the delicious things we'll have to eat year round. THEN............things start growing and my kiddos start grazing!! But I also so enjoy seeing them checking out the garden and seeing what they can eat out of it that day!

So, I'm saying that my garden is for my joy and my family's enjoyment and secondarily to provide for us for later in the year.

How about you?

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  4:52:02 PM  Show Profile
I am so WITH you Sheila!! There is just something about the process of planting tiny little seeds and watching them grow!

I love my garden too! It's my special quiet place where I talk to God (I also talk to him when I'm in the Bathtub --- weird, I know!) and where I mentally work out any "issues" that have been plaguing me, or things I need to muddle through etc... And it's also where I DREAM.....

It's very theraputic for me. So peaceful. And yes, it's also where I think about all the good -- SAFE -- food that will feed my family as it ripens, not to mention all the canning recipes I want to try. Ahhh.... just LOVE that garden!!! ~~~Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic the purpose of my garden Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page