Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Sister Hood Memberships/How a chapter can help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Sister Hood Memberships/How a chapter can help Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  06:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I was just sitting here remembering a childhood club that I had with 2 other friends when I was in 5th grade. We were a group of horse lovers and each meeting we brought $.10 to put in a jar. I think we went an bought shave ice once with out meeting money and when one of our members moved away she got to take what was left (about $6 LOL) with her.

I was just thinking that I love my Sisterhood membership SO much. I love my Henrietta badge and the ability to earn merit badges. But I know there are some chapters that have members that just flat out can't afford the fee of $20.

So I thought: Well depending on how often you meet and how many members are in your group, perhaps there could be a voluntary donation per meeting of X amount of dollars. This could then be used to fund everyone's membership fee or membership renewal fee. And if there wasn't quite enough money to go around the money could go to pay the membership fee for the person who needed the help the most- or to paying half....

Just an idea! My little club that I had kept a ledger of the donation jar so we knew how much was in it at all times and we designated someone the treasurer for 3 months or so.

I know this idea isn't for everyone, but I suddenly had this image in my mind of farmgirl dimes and nickels being tucked away in hen piggy banks- then being cashed out and everyone having Sisterhood memberships!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  06:40:11 AM  Show Profile
That's a great idea, Alee!

Caron

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow"
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  06:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I really love that Idea Alee.. Some of our farmgirls here had been talking about something similar... - Sounds like your settling in... which is awesome

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  08:09:07 AM  Show Profile
I have missed Alee! She is back!!

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  10:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Awww! Thanks Aimee!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  6:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Great idea, Alee. I will use it with my chapter!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  1:16:09 PM  Show Profile
This is such a great idea! I want to use this with my chapter as well. I was also thinking that it would be a shame that some of our farmgirl friends couldn't partake in the wonderful membership due to financial problems. This is perfect! I am still awaiting my sisterhood packet in the post! I'm so excited!!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Sister Hood Memberships/How a chapter can help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page