Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Favorite Page (s) in MJ's Idea Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Favorite Page (s) in MJ's Idea Book Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  8:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
and why?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  8:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
This one is harder... If you could see my book, you would see, red tabs in so many pages, projects I wanna do, words that resignate, quotes that speak to me - challenge me - cause me to wanna grow or do something great.... But if I were to choose.. and I guess I am... I would say Pages 8-15 "what's a farmgirl". I love the feeling of knowing that we are a group of women that come from a rich history of strong, smart,can do women.. that we carry on some traditions, that they carried.. and in those moments that we choose to knead bread,or work the ground,or carry water.. we honor them....

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  9:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Rene - I have to put some thought into this one, it is hard to pick just one. I guess I will just have to read the whole book again, oh darn......
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  10:00:53 PM  Show Profile
Mine is the wall tent. I am not sure why, but I am just fascinated with it. I know I would probably never build one, but the farmgirl in me knows I can if I wanted to.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  10:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Amy.. dont ya just hate to "have to go over it one more time" LOL...My hubby was teasing me while at a BBQ the other night.. told the "group" that I have 4 books that I read daily.. the idea book, the outpost, the stitching room and the bible....works for me...

Kate I know what you mean about the wall tents - isnt there just something about them that calls ya!

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  11:50:28 PM  Show Profile
I hadn't read my book for a long time either. After I moved and unpacked the book boxes I got it out and re-read. I think that my favorite part is the gardening part. I've seen MJ's gardens in person and they are so beautiful.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://www.therusticcottagebath.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  7:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Okay, it was hard work but I went through my whole Idea Book again and I think I've got a winner.
The "Put it Up" page, with the beautiful pictures of home canned vegetables is my favorite. I have always loved canning because you can see the fruits of your labor, and that picture really captures that feeling for me.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  9:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OOOOO.... Good one AMY! I loved the idea of the canning the apple pie filling - and am thinking that will be a fun "holiday gift".....I need to come up with a cute lable....

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  09:04:57 AM  Show Profile
i also love the WALL TENT section. we are seriously considering doing sort of a TREE HOUSE structure .. it won't be UP a tree but nestled IN trees! hank wants to put it at the 'edge of the woods' (IN the woods) on t'other side of the CREEK. hidden from view. I'm thinking we would use it more if it were more 'exposed' but still in a 'tree'd' area of our farm. Kathy Sugarbucket is coming this Sunday to talk about building it for us. We 'think' we want a wooden platform ringed with trees (and posts where needed) .. with a combination tin/see-thru ROOF .. NO SIDES .. except for some sort of wonderful fabric (like canvas cloth) strung around it. We want it big enough to sleep about 7 or 8 of us .. don't want to 'cook' IN it .. but rather outside of it.

yep! the OUTPOST wall tent is my fav at this time! (WONDERFUL BOOK!) xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  10:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OH Frannie Great minds.. I am working on one for the deck outside our bedroom and another one on a "tree deck" we build for the youngest prince in our kingdom... we are also thinking that we need to add a tub up at our cabin! fun, fun, fun!!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Favorite Page (s) in MJ's Idea Book Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page