Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Auto Scooping Litterboxes??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Auto Scooping Litterboxes?? Next Topic  

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  11:26:01 AM  Show Profile
Have any of you tried the automatic scooping litterboxes? The flushing ones...?? Can you use a non-clumping litter (I'm thinking silica) in the scooping ones?? I've been considering getting one, but I'm not sure how they'd work with anything other than a clumping clay litter, and I HATE clumping clay litter, so I thought I'd get some input...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  1:58:38 PM  Show Profile
Jodi, well, don't know how much input I can give because I don't have a cat but I DO pet-sit extensively and I will say this much...of the feline clients we've had over the years, and those with automatic boxes TWO..yes, two of these sorts of litter setups in TWO different households BROKE DOWN while we were there. I think it's to do about the clumping litter, to be exact because it seems to clog the mechanism...uhh, so I guess I am trying to say that you shouldn't use the clumping litter with them....my two cents

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  10:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that, Zan. It's actually a really good point, since I know clumping litter mucks up everything it touches. I'd just always seen the auto scooping boxes either being used with or advertised with the clumping, that's why I wasn't sure. I actually saw one brand the other day, on petsmart.com (I think) that was advertised with silica litter. I might give that one a go and see how it works.

They just sound SO nice!! I mean, coming home from work and not having to worry about scooping the litterbox?!?! Can life get better than that?!?! ROFL

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  06:38:17 AM  Show Profile
Hehee, I know what you mean! I've never tried them myself long term...so who knows, it may have been a fluke about those two litterboxes....so why not give it a try?

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Auto Scooping Litterboxes?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly