MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  8:31:24 PM  Show Profile
Any chapters in Maine!!??? I am moving there in September and would love to find some instant farmgirl friends :)

"The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas More

Farmgirl Sister #154

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  07:10:38 AM  Show Profile
Still none?! Okay, I'll branch out a bit...New Hampshire, Vermont, Quebec area???

"The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas More

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  07:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Whit,
I am Washington State so cannot help you about Maine... but WOW Maine? I also think of Maine as such a romantic place.. I guess because so much has been written about it, especially coastal towns...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  08:37:30 AM  Show Profile
Yes, it's a really beautiful place. I won't be too close to the coast - probably about an hour and half or so. I am going to need to find a good way to get through those long winters though!!

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  10:13:47 AM  Show Profile
I can't help you either, but I'd like to second that "WOW" above. I drove through Maine on vacation last month, and I want to move there now.
Go to Top of Page

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Move there so I will have a farmgirl friend :) haha

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey, I know you are only kidding but feel free to email me if you hear of any great jobs in your new town! I'm all about colonizing: I'm always trying to recruit friends and family to pull up stakes and move together to a new state/region/town.
Go to Top of Page

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:46:07 PM  Show Profile
It's a pretty small town - the only jobs I can ever find are ones at the hospital, because they have a website. I am flying out there on Monday to house-shop/visit fiance so I will grab a local newspaper (the Piscataquis Observer, haha) and scope it out. See what services are needed :)

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Maine chapters??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page