Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 do you have an attic and/or basement?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic do you have an attic and/or basement? Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:16:35 PM  Show Profile
we have neither. just an upstairs room and a downstairs room in each of the cabins. the addition is one-story. how about you?

do you love an attic and/or basement?

i have had both in most of my homes and do NOT like either .. i tend to 'clutter' them up too much .. and i HATED having to go to the basement to do laundry!!

so thankful for the barn and schoolhouse for 'storing things'.

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
We have a daylight basement that opens up to the back patio and back 40. But my laundry is upstairs...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:22:37 PM  Show Profile
I used our attic when we first moved in, but soon found out that the nice loved it. That's the time before plastic totes had been invented. We don't have a basement. We had one at my parent's home, and I wish I had one now--just for storage. Since our 3 girls are grown and gone from home I use their 2 upstairs bedrooms for storage--looks more like junk rooms!!! I finally took the bed down in one of the room to make more space. I talked to hubby about getting a storage building for the stuff. His answer was "it would be cheaper to get rid of some of the stuff". Sounds like a man doesn't it~~~~~~don't they know we can't do without our stuff, we might need it later!!!!!!!!!

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:23:53 PM  Show Profile
TYPO--I meant "mice" in the first sentence.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  10:02:10 PM  Show Profile
We don't have a basement..but we have a cellar..cement floor and block walls but very icky...great for storing food and camping stuff though. Not someplace I would want to hang out. It has only a canvas "flap" sort of deal between it and the crawl space under the living room...not a pretty place. I do enjoy using it for a big old pantry for my home canned stuff though!! No attic..our upstairs rooms have the slanted ceiling thing going..where an attic would have been.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  07:29:33 AM  Show Profile
We have both. My children practically live in the basement which is the only room that has a tv or computer. It is our family room. I also do most of my sewing down there. There is also a room down there that is seperate where they used to dump coal to heat the house. We use that for storage. It gets so cold in there in the winter that we can use it as an extra fridge. The actic is all storage because we can only access it through a pull down staircase.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic do you have an attic and/or basement? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page