Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 are you .. or have you ever been...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic are you .. or have you ever been... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  03:32:18 AM  Show Profile
Connie!

Now I'm jealous! You just can't beat wild game.

Haven't ever had Alaska stuff, but have throroghly enjoyed game from Africa. Very tasty and lean
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  07:11:09 AM  Show Profile
Years ago I was a vegetarian. It seemed everyone I was hanging out with in college was at the time (a LONG time ago)... Then, of course, we all went macrobiotic...lots of brown rice and seaweed and this "twig" tea called bancha...(actually I did grow kinda fond of that) but then I moved on from that crowd (and that man) to just a veggie. For a minute (about 3 months) I was vegan but I like dairy and eggs. When I got married (about 18 years ago), I married a true carnivore. His idea of salad is a bit of parsley near his steak for color. My oldest son did not have meat until he was about 3. Now (14) he's more like his dad. My youngest (who's 8) seems to be naturally a vegetarian. He refuses meat that is "real" but will occasionally eat a hotdog (his corn dogs are tofu). I remind him that a "cheeseburger" is really a cow. I now eat meat but with all that is going on in the food industry, I'm really trying to keep 1-2 meals a week totally vegetarian. I just checked my garden and my basil is looking yum! Time for some pesto!

I am grateful. I have enough.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  09:57:34 AM  Show Profile
No, I've pretty much always eaten meat. We don't have meat with every meal but I'm sure my hubby would like it if we did. We have more chicken than anything but my favorite is roast beef.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  10:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
T i totally love your hubbys idea of a salad! my hubby cracked up and was in total agreement with your hubby! these days its not even safe to eat veggies unless you grow them yourself. . we grow a bit in the summer, which here is very short, but rarely buy fresh veggies in the winter.
peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic are you .. or have you ever been... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page