CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:06:19 PM  Show Profile
i'm really excited about going home to kentucky tomorrow morning .. but i've been spoiled with the bed linens at wednesday's home. she uses the softest sheets and pillowcases i've ever slept on. (i have gifted her some 'antique cases' .. which she has loved ever since i started sending them to her when she was in college! she has a ba-zillion 'thread count' .. in her linens .. somehow that seems to make them extremely soft to the touch .. feels like sleeping on a cloud. and i ADORE her very flat pillows .. i have never liked plump pillows .. makes my head feel like it is propped 'up' all night. have bought some soft ones for her and even then .. she puts them under the mattress for a month or more to flatten them even more .. i'm going to try that when i get home .. and i'm going to 'splurge' on the high-count bed sheets too!

why types of bed linens do you gurlz like to snooze on?

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie, the same for me -- highest thread count possible! I LOVE silky soft sheets! Nothing quite compares to slipping into that 'cloud' feel at the end of the day...

I have a set of "practical" sheets...lower thread count cotton, trimmed in eyelet lace. It's cute and country looking, because of the courser weave, but it takes some getting used to for the skin.

But switching back over to NICE sheets from those DOUBLES the 'sleeping on a cloud' feeling!!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Love silky soft sheets .... Soooo I must admit I DO splurge on them!! Nothing like being really tired and laying on cool, silky sheets with our good quality down pillows and down comforter!!! Love quality down cause >>> it is cool in the summer and warm in the winter! When our bed is totally made up it looks like a big, soft cloud!! Had a neighborhood garage sale today and I am really tired from being in the heat all day, so this night is one of those nights that all the puffy and silky is REALLY going to feel Great!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic been sleepin' on a cloud! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page