Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 have enough now: old worn dolls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic have enough now: old worn dolls Next Topic  

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  7:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I am looking for old worn/played with dolls to make clothes for and display. I like dolls that will stand up in a stand, like young girl or woman's age/size. I am going to practice making and adjusting patterns. The plastic dolls will stand up for me. I prefer naked or not much clothing.

I just bought a Madame Alexander doll with no eyes...LOL
she's just a little blind but she wants a fancy dress too.

Tell me what you want for them if you have some.

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Nov 03 2008 8:27:40 PM

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  8:29:41 PM  Show Profile
linda .. if you don't find them here .. check your local thrift stores .. what a fun project you are doing! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  8:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Best wishes in your search for old dollies. Our thrift store is loaded with them too. I always enjoy looking through them like a little girl!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  03:41:49 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I have a porcelain doll that you are more than welcome to. I think she is one of those franklin Mint dolls maybe. (She does have her own clothes) I got her at the flea market and had the same idea as you! I tried, but did not get very far as the lovely little dress I made did not fit. I got a bit frustrated!
Send me your addy and I will gladly ship her and her clothes out to you.
Angie

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  03:59:53 AM  Show Profile
I so love dolls. Any and all kinds. I also love to make their clothing. Right now, I am learning how to sculpt realistically with polymer clay. I've done figurine type dolls out of the clay, but not one's with sculpted feet, hands and faces and cloth body's I'm working on learning how to do that now.
Good luck with finding your dolls and please post some pics when you are done.
Take care,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  05:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I have 2 Salvation Armys near me and you reminded me to keep checking them out. The craft stores have very poor quality dolls to dress but they want $10-$20 for them.

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smallcoffee
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Susan

18 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  3:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Are you still looking for a doll? I have an 18 inch battat (similar to American Girl)in good condition that just needs some TLC for the hair. (long brown with bangs) I've decided not to rehab her since my collection is really big enough. In exchange, if you have any 18 inch doll clothes; possibly in pioneer style? In any case, she is yours if you want her.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  6:37:40 PM  Show Profile
I found a old little bride doll today at the thrift store. I you want her shes yours. I thought about you when I saw her. She is not ceramic or porcelin but plastic I also have some black cupie dolls if interested. Just let me know, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  5:20:11 PM  Show Profile
I remember dressing dolls when I was a girl. We did it as a scout project. We got dolls shipped to our troop from the Salvation Army (I think) and then we dressed them and refurbished them. They went back for a "contest" (best dressed, best fairy tale costume, etc) and then the dolls went to children as holiday gifts. I wish I could remember what that program was called? I don't have any dolls for you but would love to see photos when you have some finished.

I am grateful. I have enough.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  3:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I am thinking that they would be good for the local Battered women's shelter. They take things like this for the kids all year long.
I am sure I will have somewhere to send them, and keep some for me.

I just bought a big pin cusion that is a small dress form. I wanted one when they were $15 but didn't get one. Today it was $6 so I bought the last one on clearance! So happy. I think it is like a woman's 14 inch doll.
I know you want pics soon.
I promise!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  3:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I got 3 new small dolls from Salvation Army...99 cents each. I bought them because they are not Barbies....
They have small rounded breasts...not huge like Barbie.
I think one is Skipper, Barbies little sister. She has flat feet so she doesn't wear high heels and is shorter than Barbie and younger girls figure. I even found an old antique pattern for Skipper clothes on Ebay. I will use that pattern for other dolls too...not so skinny. These new dolls are from 8 or so to 10 inches tall and thin...if I can't sew for them I can always crochet. They would also make nice angels for Christmas.
I have a funny story. For a couple of years I tried and tried and also had my tall friend try to tie a Barbie to the top of our christmas tree, we used wire wrapped around her neck and lots of ideas. LOL
She was dressed like an angel in crochet gown and wings. She was just too heavy and would bend the top over and flop all over...we gave up eventually LOL
So she sat around looking like an angel and I went back to a star.

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Sharae
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Shannon
Salmon Idaho
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  5:21:23 PM  Show Profile
I love sculpting in polymer clay. Who are you learning under. It is so exciting to see what your hands can produce...
quote:
Originally posted by Marcy

I so love dolls. Any and all kinds. I also love to make their clothing. Right now, I am learning how to sculpt realistically with polymer clay. I've done figurine type dolls out of the clay, but not one's with sculpted feet, hands and faces and cloth body's I'm working on learning how to do that now.
Good luck with finding your dolls and please post some pics when you are done.
Take care,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic have enough now: old worn dolls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page