Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Anyone watch "Farmer Wants a Wife"?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone watch "Farmer Wants a Wife"? Next Topic  

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  06:03:08 AM  Show Profile
This show just infuriated me...but it was like watching a train wreck...I couldn't quit watching it. The girls that were there to marry this farmer were SO fake...and the farmer kinda was too....made me wonder if they didn't find him in downtown NY and throw his in a pair of boots out on the farm. I would have loved to see one of those girls help load out fat hogs like I have to...they wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Just wondered if anyone else watched this, just to "pick it apart" like I did

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  06:12:35 AM  Show Profile
funny. i had never even heard of the show until last night and i saw the last two dates and the final selection. i found it kinda weird. having not watched the show, i don't know what it was like all the way through. hard for me to make much of a judgement on it. did you watch the whole show?

farmgirl sister #37

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  06:20:14 AM  Show Profile
I missed a few episodes here and there...but not hard to catch up on what was happening. I was quite surprised that in the end he picked the one who was a Christian and a virgin to boot...as I'm sure you could tell just from that one episode...the final two he eliminated down to were VERY different. I could see the one he chose fitting in on the farm more than the one he didn't...but she was still going to have quite a bit of adjusting to do
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  06:33:38 AM  Show Profile
I watch it from time to time. It is about the dumbest. Even if the girl of his dreams puts on a good show, what happens when it is really the way of life? How long is the hard work really going to last for a city girl? It also seems like these women are really lacking something if they have to "fight for their man" It is like he is interviewing for a job. But like you said its like watching a train wreck. There, there is my 2 cents. LOL

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  10:23:09 AM  Show Profile
I tried to watch. It was so horrible. I saw a part where the contestants were learning how to quilt, and were totally inappropriate around the older ladies. It would have ben better if they threw in a few farmgirls.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
FREE TIBET!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  3:02:00 PM  Show Profile
I watched the first episode, and that was enough for me. Watching a train wreck is the perfect way to describe it, though... I couldn't stop watching... but after that, I decided there were better things to do with my time, lol.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  5:12:00 PM  Show Profile
i wonder if there will be a follow-up .. where a 'city boy' dates farm girls. i never did watch the show .. i do not like the 'reality' shows at all! give me a good movie on tv or a funny silly sitcom that makes me laugh any day! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  5:50:18 PM  Show Profile
I never saw the show only a preview once... I just figured the 'farmer' was an actor, after all I can't imagine a real farmer having so much trouble finding a wife that he'd have to pick from America's finest airheads. Hehe...
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone watch "Farmer Wants a Wife"? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page